cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GPUTweak 2.0.83 crashes computer with new nVIDIA driver 301.24

Deetseng
Level 7
I'm running Asus GTX460 DCU TOP in SLI. After upgrading to the new nVIDIA driver 301.24, my computer freezes during boot up after GPUTweak 2.0.83 loads. Uninstalling the GPUTweak will fix the freeze up. Is there anybody else with this problem?
11 REPLIES 11

Level 7
Same thing happens with HD7850 DCUII with Catalyst 12.3 in Win7 x64. System restore to a point before installing GPU Tweak got it working again.

Running SLI with GTX560, same problem. After update to the latest version of Nvidia driver, GPU Tweak won't work friendly. Even GPU Tweak updated to the latest version, no luck. Even turn off SLI and took out the card, still no go.

Problem happen if you try to overclock the graphic card using GPU Tweak with the latest version of Nivida driver, screen will turn black and the whole system hang. If lucky enough, you will get an error of recovering GPU sucessfully (GPU Tweak still running with overclocked setting/profile but GPU still running on stock clock). Hopefully you guys will update a new version of GPU Tweak which support the latest version of Nivida.

Rampage 4 Extreme
HyperX Kingston 1666 2x3GB
Asus Nvidia GTX560 TOP SLI
CM GS Pro 1000

The older 2.0.6 does the same thing. System restore and it's working again... ?

Just registered to pipe in and say I'm having similar problems with GPU tweak on 301.24 😞

Had to backtrack to the last ones... Only the problem I'm getting is that GPU tweak will run and allow for tweaking of fans, but tweaking of any clock speeds or voltages cause NVidia drivers to crash and restart 0_o

Very weird!

It happens the same, I can not use my custom profile because the pc crashes instantly obliging me to do a hard reset:mad:. I installed the 296.10 and problem solved. But I want use the 301.24! So, no solution?:(

Asus Tweak ver: 2.1.2.4
GPU: Asus ENGTX 560 DC ll OC

Hey guys if your still having issues with GPU tweak try EVGA precision X ( works great on my 680 unlike the GPU tweak that came with the card )

Last night, I updated the GPU Tweak to 2.1.24 and the nVIDIA driver to 301.42. The PC still crashes with freezes or video driver stopped responding error messages.

I reverted back to older GPU Tweak and nVIDIA drivers. Asus, please fix the GPU Tweak issue with the new nVIDIA drivers!

I see this forum the "Administrators" give no answer or solution to this problem. Bad attention! Or at least tell if they are preparing a new version, but no! nothing! We had no answers about it!:mad::mad:

Marinesrule1980
Level 7
I'm going to be putting my new system together this coming Sat. (see signature) Is there anyway to NOT install the GPU tweak on my new system?

I don't plan to do any OCing for a while anyway, I want to learn my system first...also, I've never OCed before and is one of the reasons I bought the 3930K for it's boost and the Asus 680 DC2T as it is already boosted too.
Win 7 Ultimate SP1 64-bit
CM HAF X Full Tower ATX
ASUS Rampage IV Extreme
i7-3930K with IC diamond
Corsair H100 push/pull
AX1200 Pro Series Gold
OCZ Vertex 4 Indilinx 512GB
WD VelociRaptor 1TB 10k RPM 64MB Cache SATA 6.0gb 3.5
CORSAIR Dominator GT 32GB (4 x 8GB) CMT32GX3M4X1866C9
ASUS GTX680-DC2T-2GD5
ASUS VE278Q 27"
Creative SB recon3D