cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

X99 Deluxe hardware issue.Help needed.

oddgit
Level 7
Hi all, i was playing Forza, and had a hard restart. When my computer reset, the PCI cards were no longer functioning. Fans do not spin up and rgb does not turn on on the video card. I even swapped the video card to my old one, maybe my new card just randomly died. But no luck. The motherboard fans and cpu fans all turn on, Could the power rails to the video card have randomly died?

I have pulled every card and ram stick out but one. and nothing is plugged in the USB Any hep would be appreciated.
4 REPLIES 4

BigJohnny
Level 13
What card are you using? Most have power indicators right above the power connection sockets.

3080TI Aorus card. The lights do not turn on at all. I also switched out to an older 9 series titan X. with no luck. It was running solid up to the random hard reboot. i have a 1200 watt power supply.

Do the diagnostic LED's on the motherboard give any indication of the issue?

Hey,

I'm thinking this has something to do with the CPU lines. Which processor do you have installed? Maybe it's in-efficient for the CPU lines? I'm thinking also that 28 lines should be fine for one graphics card but this motherboard is a few years old so maybe the newer designed graphics component needs more lines to operate? This is a PCIe 3.0/2.0 motherboard so I'm not too sure also for that beast of a card you possess. Some people used to say that all PCI express slots are backwards compatible but truly I'm not too sure about that theory myself. Make sure you test the 3080Ti on a different PC.