cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Gladius II Wireless stopped working with cable

magol
Level 7
I always use Gladius II Wireless in cable mode. Yesterday when I started my pc, it flashed red light for 5 times, then back to normal light effects. I found all functions not worked in cable mode, but 2.4g/bluetooth good. I replugged and tried another pc. It was the same case.

According to related discussions, I tried to flash the firmware and found:

-Armoury Crate can read its battery and settings at first. Then it keep looping and nothing changed.
-Old version of Armoury can change settings, but firmware update for mouse failed.
-Offical firmware tools(GladiusII_Wireless_MS_022428) ended with "close device", nothing changed to the mouse.
-Using left+mid+right to enter bl mode, it can work with cable.

It had happened many times before. Each time I tried many ways to flash the firmware but failed. It recovered itself days later. I don't know how the firmware bricks. Sometimes even a new mouse, a normal restart, or switching modes can cause the problem.

-------------11-13 update------------
I removed the USB cable, switched off and left it alone last night. Just one day after, it recovered by itself again. Now everything works well except Armoury Crate still looping. So lucky!
7 REPLIES 7

Nate152
Hi magol,

Welcome to the ROG forum !

Good to see you're making progress.

I don't have the ROG Gladius II but I have the ROG Chakram Core. I installed Armoury Crate the other day, ran the firmware update and all is working good for me.

Do you have the latest bios for your motherboard with all drivers and windows up to date?

Nate152 wrote:
Hi magol,

Welcome to the ROG forum !

Good to see you're making progress.

I don't have the ROG Gladius II but I have the ROG Chakram Core. I installed Armoury Crate the other day, ran the firmware update and all is working good for me.

Do you have the latest bios for your motherboard with all drivers and windows up to date?

I have an old X370 C6H motherboard using bios 7901. It's not the latest one, but a stable version. The system and drivers are update to date. I also tested the mouse on Surface Pro 3, running Windows 11 with all drivers automatically installed. The problem still existed.
I think if we know the exact meaning of the flashing red light, it can be easier to find the reason.

Nate152
Thank you,

The red blinking light could indicate your ROG Gladius II needs charged.

Nate152 wrote:
Thank you,

The red blinking light could indicate your ROG Gladius II needs charged.

Thanks. But my mouse is fully charged. It's still puzzling.

Nate152
All right, you got it working but it won't stop blinking red.

After reading around some more,

I see you're able to set what percentage the mouse is charged as to when it starts blinking red and will turn green when fully charged. Try setting this to 25%.

I also see certain surfaces the mouse is sitting on can cause it to blink red.

Nate152 wrote:
All right, you got it working but it won't stop blinking red.

After reading around some more,

I see you're able to set what percentage the mouse is charged as to when it starts blinking red and will turn green when fully charged. Try setting this to 25%.

I also see certain surfaces the mouse is sitting on can cause it to blink red.

The mouse is fully working now, no blinking red.

Blinking red only happens in a short time when i plug in the usb and the cable mode not working.
It won't happen when using RF/bluetooth.
Turn it off and disconnect from cable for some time. It'll come back to normal.

Maybe there're problems with battery dectection in my mouse or Armoury software.
I wonder whether it's a feature that when low battery level is detected, you cannot use the cable mode until it's charged.
If that is the case, I can set the alert to Never (now 25%) so I can always use the cable mode.

The surface is a common cherry cloth mousepad, working fine with the mouse for over 6 months.

Nate152
Great to hear.

It seems now as long as you're ROG Gladius II stays charged 25% or more, it will remain green. If it goes below 25% charged, it should start blinking red as a warning.