cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G73 JW Updates Which do I use

Trouflies
Level 7
I recently purchsed an G73 JW I am trying to get the driver updates. When I go to the Asus site the updates all seem old. Are these the udates that I should be using? I have seen the thread for the updated drivers for the g series should I go there and get them?

I posted on a similar forum that I had used driver manager before, and I got scolded for it. I was told to only use the Asus site. I look at their update dates and they are back from 2010.

I am having Bsod issues at the moment and I wondering if it's because I am using outdated drivers.

The Bsods vary in codes:
Most common was a 0x124 But haven't gotten that since I replaced the factory RAM(not fun but not as bad as it seems. Note be careful when your taking the keyboard off if you pull to hard the wires for the keyboard and back light can easily be ripped out of their stations:-)

I am getting one now I think it's 0x03b, but all of them are connected with the cmbatt.sys or the Krn something Something. I have unistalled all anitvirus and spyware and am only running Microsoft Security essentials.

They happen at random times.

If you dare, i can post the reports.
1 REPLY 1

fuzon1337
Level 10
Hi there, and welcome to the ROG forum 🙂

Asus are not good to update their support site, it almost looks like when the model is on the way out of the market they stop giving updates.

So what you will have to do is to update:
    graphics driver

update intel chipset driver

update the atheros wifi card (IMPORTANT)

And also you should uninstall all bloatware that you don't need (the preinstalled programs)

Also you can check out my thread New notebook? Look here!

When you have updated and uninstalled programs I would recommend you to use CCleaner to clean the register for files that are left back and stays useless and can cause issues.

I hope this helps 🙂
Asus G73SW-91058V 3D
- Intel Centrino Ultimate-N 6300
- BIOS 205