cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Rog Crosshair Viii Dark Hero Freeze Problem Please Fix it Asus.

yalcin_Akbal
Level 7
Hello every one I'm from Turkey.I want to explain my problem.I have Asus Rog Crosshair viii Dark hero and Amd Ryzen 7 5800x.If ı don't close C-state settings on bios my pc freeze while free.Watching something & when I afk for 2 min.This depends on bios C-state setting.While in game no problem pc don't freeze and while I make own voltage settings by manual no problem.But Default settings and C-state making freeze when pc free but in game no problem many many many hours don't have any problem.I have this problom untill 2020.12.xx.Please work on it Asus. I am waiting new bios for system stabilty 🙂 Good luck Healty days for everyone.

I change my all sytyem.My new system has same problem.I fix it to use C-state Settings off
108 REPLIES 108

STARRAIN_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hi yalcin Akbal,
If you restore bios to all default settings, it still freeze without doing anything within 2 mins?
Do you mean you have this issue from 2020.12.xx? Was the date you built the pc?
May I have the bios version?
Thank you.

STARRAIN@ROG wrote:
Hi yalcin Akbal,
If you restore bios to all default settings, it still freeze without doing anything within 2 mins?
Do you mean you have this issue from 2020.12.xx? Was the date you built the pc?
May I have the bios version?
Thank you.

Yes default settings making freeze. Since 2020.12.xx
I Had Asus rog strix x570 gaming E and ryzen 7 3700x and asus rog strix 5700xt cooler master 750w white G.skill 32gb c16 3600mhz ram. I had freeze problem then I change my computes.I build new one.
Asus rog crosshair viii dark hero x570 asus rog strix 6700xt ryzen 7 5800x asus rog strix 750w gold power sup. Same problem coming to my new setup. I change every equipment.
It's depends on bios settings C state settings making freeze.
I change every equipment in the case.All is new but problem is same 🙂 I hope I can explain me.
Now version 3801

STARRAIN_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hi yalcin Akbal,
Did you also change the RAM and the hard drive with OS? Have you reinstall OS while build the new pc for rog crosshair viii dark hero?
Please use the AMD Radeon Driver and Chipset Driver from our support site.
May I have the following information?
- the serial number of motherboard and the graphics card via pm
- AMD Radeon Driver version and Chipset Driver version
- the specific model name of RMA such as F4-3600C16D-32GTEGC and the hard drive with OS
- OS version and OS build
- a video about how the freeze issue occurs with bios all default settings
Thank you.

STARRAIN@ROG wrote:
Hi yalcin Akbal,
Did you also change the RAM and the hard drive with OS? Have you reinstall OS while build the new pc for rog crosshair viii dark hero?
Please use the AMD Radeon Driver and Chipset Driver from our support site.
May I have the following information?
- the serial number of motherboard and the graphics card via pm
- AMD Radeon Driver version and Chipset Driver version
- the specific model name of RMA such as F4-3600C16D-32GTEGC and the hard drive with OS
- OS version and OS build
- a video about how the freeze issue occurs with bios all default settings
Thank you.

Windows 11 pro 21h2 now. Old Windows 10 home.
G.skill DDR4-3600MHz CL16-19-19-39 1.35V
32GB (2x16GB)
Radeon version 21.10.2
Chipset version 3.10.22.706
Samsung 980 pro 500gb (windows)
Samsung 970 evo 500gb
Samsung 870 sata ssd 1tb I tried one,one but nothing change.
samsung 860 sata ssd 1 tb
I was use Asus rog strix 5700xt now use Asus rog Strix 6700 xt
xmp open or close no differences. Also I don't think so it's about Ram

Asus Rog Strix x570 gaming e and asus rog crosshair dark hero x570 this is not about serial number.
Yes I change every part to new but same problem happened.
When open movie pc will freeze between 1min-2hour it not depends movie sometimes I go for drink water pc can be freeze.Somethimes when I surf on google Pc can be freeze. Screen freeze.Case rgb freeze. Hdd lights on the case no lighting. After that I can use pc only after restart.
I fixed it making close c-state disk settings off
I think it problem depends on Asus x570 motherboards C-state settings.

STARRAIN_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hi yalcin Akbal,
Thank you for your reply.
Did you reinstall Windows 11 pro 21h2 on rog crosshair viii dark hero?
We need your serial number of motherboard and the graphics card, and ram model to check the specifications. Could you please tell me via PM?
Please check the specific model name of ram such as F4-3600C16D-32GTZNC. You can find it on the ram or the package box.
Is the OS build 19044.1288?
Could you please help to record a video about the freeze issue occurs with bios all default settings?
Thank you.

STARRAIN@ROG wrote:
Hi yalcin Akbal,
Thank you for your reply.
Did you reinstall Windows 11 pro 21h2 on rog crosshair viii dark hero?
We need your serial number of motherboard and the graphics card, and ram model to check the specifications. Could you please tell me via PM?
Please check the specific model name of ram such as F4-3600C16D-32GTZNC. You can find it on the ram or the package box.
Is the OS build 19044.1288?
Could you please help to record a video about the freeze issue occurs with bios all default settings?
Thank you.

My ram all name is
F4-3600C16D-32GTZNC
Trident Z Neo
DDR4-3600MHz CL16-19-19-39 1.35V
32GB (2x16GB)
winver is 21h2. 22000.318 I was try lots of reinstall windows 10 and 11 but it not fix the problem
I can't catch a video.Screen freeze.Case rgb lights freeze.Hdd light turn of and need reset to use computer.No voice when it freeze.Mouse can useable but after 3-5 click the it also freeze and nothing work after.Fans working only.

STARRAIN_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hi yalcin Akbal,
Could you please provide me serial number of motherboard and the graphics card via PM, so that I can report it to our tech team?
Thank you.

starrain@rog wrote:
hi yalcin akbal,
could you please provide me serial number of motherboard and the graphics card via pm, so that i can report it to our tech team?
Thank you.

i have posted wä°th my equipment serial numbers tag

STARRAIN_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hi yalcin Akbal,
Thank you for your information.
I'll consult our tech team first.