Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    ROG Guru: White Belt Array
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    86

    Can only go into BIOS using iGPU? VGA light on (ROG Strix Z690-A D4)

    So the BIOS and pre-Windows everything does not appear when the monitor is plugged into my video card. The white VGA light shines. But it comes to life with Windows and works fine after that, though the VGA light on the motherboard stays on.

    I have to plug the monitor into the onboard video to see BIOS prompt and use the BIOS.

    I updated to 0605 and still the same thing.

    Any idea what gives?

  2. #2
    ROG Guru: White Belt Array
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    86

    For what it's worth, GPU works normally in Windows. Even benchmarked it. Hwinfo, device manager, etc indicate nothing out of order.

  3. #3
    TeamROG Moderator Array xeromist PC Specs
    xeromist PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Dell Inspiron 15 7567
    MotherboardMSI x470 Gaming Plus
    ProcessorAMD 2600X
    Memory (part number)16GB Crucial Ballistix Elite 3600
    Graphics Card #1ASUS GTX 1080 Strix
    MonitorBenQ BL3200PT
    Storage #1Intel 600p NVMe
    CPU CoolerWraith
    Casecustom Antec 900
    Power SupplyCorsair HX1000
    Keyboard Logitech Orion Spark
    Mouse Logitech MX500
    Headset Plantronics 777 with Oregon Aero upgrade
    xeromist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Reputation
    360
    Posts
    8,216

    DisplayPort? If you have an HDMI display I'd give that a try to see if any of the ports work.
    * Support disease research with Folding@Home *

    < < < Click the drop-down above my avatar for my PC specs!

  4. #4
    New ROGer Array
    Join Date
    Aug 2021
    Reputation
    19
    Posts
    19

    I have had this identical issue with 2 different GPU's on a z590 board
    One was an amd XFX 580 and the other was an nvidia ASUS 1060
    The solution was to update the firmware of the GPU.
    Last edited by Shark007; 11-13-2021 at 01:23 PM.

  5. #5
    New ROGer Array
    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    6

    I've the same issue with 3080-ti and z690-a motherboard. Vga light is on and can't get any display. I'm using kf edition, so no igpu, what should I do?

    Edit: Fixed it by booting with an old 780 ti card, updating bios to latest, and rebooting with 3080ti back.
    Last edited by dyanikoglu; 11-13-2021 at 06:06 PM.

  6. #6
    ROG Guru: White Belt Array
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    86

    Quote Originally Posted by dyanikoglu View Post
    I've the same issue with 3080-ti and z690-a motherboard. Vga light is on and can't get any display. I'm using kf edition, so no igpu, what should I do?

    Edit: Fixed it by booting with an old 780 ti card, updating bios to latest, and rebooting with 3080ti back.
    Glad that did the trick for you. Which BIOS did you use?

    Mine still will only output boot/POST/BIOS screens to onboard video and discrete GPU doesn't show anything until Windows. VGA white light stays on.

  7. #7
    New ROGer Array
    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    6

    Quote Originally Posted by Raad11 View Post
    Glad that did the trick for you. Which BIOS did you use?

    Mine still will only output boot/POST/BIOS screens to onboard video and discrete GPU doesn't show anything until Windows. VGA white light stays on.
    v 0707 shared on third post here https://www.overclock.net/threads/of...hread.1794802/

  8. #8
    ROG Guru: White Belt Array
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    86

    Quote Originally Posted by dyanikoglu View Post
    Are these BIOSes from Asus? Why are they posted on that other forum and not the official site?

    I fixed my issue by flashing new GPU firmware and VBIOS to my card. I'm still on 0605 BIOS from Asus.com. Is there a list of changes/improvements in the new version?

  9. #9
    ROG Guru: White Belt Array Adrian1983 PC Specs
    Adrian1983 PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus Maximus XI Hero
    ProcessorI7 9700K @ 5.1
    Memory (part number)CMK32GX4M2D3000C16 @ 3600 32gb
    Graphics Card #1Zotac RTX 3080 Trinity
    Sound CardHdmi
    MonitorSony 55" Tv
    Storage #1Samsung 970 Evo Plus X2
    Storage #2Samsung 840 Pro
    CPU CoolerCorsair H150i Pro
    CaseFractal Design Define S2 Vision RGB
    Power SupplySeasonic focus gold 850w
    Keyboard Logitech G915
    Mouse Logitech G703
    Headset Logitech G935
    OS Windows 10 x64

    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Reputation
    34
    Posts
    113

    Quote Originally Posted by Raad11 View Post
    Are these BIOSes from Asus? Why are they posted on that other forum and not the official site?

    I fixed my issue by flashing new GPU firmware and VBIOS to my card. I'm still on 0605 BIOS from Asus.com. Is there a list of changes/improvements in the new version?
    I wondered that myself, My Strix Z690 Gaming A only goes up to 0605 on Asus's website but I am sure I have seen 07xx maybe it's BETA I am not sure.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •