cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nahimic...

Psycrow
Level 11
I have a Hero xiii board and im using sonic studio 3 to equal my sound or else some channels seems higher than other.
Also the sound got better using studio 3.

Now im using Riing quad case fans from Thermaltake and when im choosing any sound reactive modes in ther app.
Then im getting an error that another program is using the sound.

Then i heard if i disable or stop Nahimic service then it works and it does work indeed.

Where do this serive or tool come from ?
Do i realy need that service to run ?
If i open task manager and stops or disable it..then what will i miss out on ?

I just need Nahimic serive to stop so i can use my riing quads in music mode.
3 REPLIES 3

BigJohnny
Level 13
Nahamic is part of sonic studio. I don't use it personally. The only time it adds anything is supposedly more depth to audio IF you are using surround sound which I am not. I find two channels using the Toslink output into a DAC then to an amp and Studio monitor speakers and a sub to serve my purposes. The Onboard audio has always been lackluster. If I wanted to run surround it would be with a PCIE sound card and would not involve Nahamic service. So not even on my machine.

Psycrow
Level 11
ok i see..well i wasent planing on using my pc in disco/party mode. but just annyoing that some programs blocks other from full use !

Psycrow wrote:
ok i see..well i wasent planing on using my pc in disco/party mode. but just annyoing that some programs blocks other from full use !

Welcome to the world of ASUS software.