cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removing Armoury Crate and still being able to change RBG colours

domholmes
Level 7
So I just want to change the colour of the RGB on my 3080 TUF OC without installing a big, bloated app and its million accompanying services. Now, it's incredibly unlikely Asus are going to give this option seeing as everyone always wants to push you into using their app. I have however noticed I can install Armoury Crate, change my RGB colour then uninstall Armoury Crate and the 19 different bits of other junk it puts on my machine (junk that doesn't even get removed when you uninstall, nice) EXCEPT if I leave the Aura Service, RGB continues to work with the specified colour. Problem is, if I'm feeling in the mood for a bit of purple instead of red, I need to reinstall everything. Does anyone know where AC stores it's RGB configuration values that I can edit?

Thanks
5 REPLIES 5

BigJohnny
Level 13
Whats being left behind resides in the BIOS. Power down and kill your PSU and everything will go to default.
I use corsair Ique. You will have to have at least one corsair Ique device present but there is a plugin for the ASUS MOBOs. You just have to have the lighting ASUS lighting service (NOT CRATE) Installed but dont launch it then you can control the MOBO from Ique.
All you need is the last aura released aka Lighting control 1.07.79_V2.2

I uploaded it to Google Drive

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1p3n4VWwCEfItYl-ZlYC5AgpbSen5O9I9/view?usp=sharing

You can also run just the AURA without all the Crate BS

BigJohnny wrote:
Whats being left behind resides in the BIOS. Power down and kill your PSU and everything will go to default.
I use corsair Ique. You will have to have at least one corsair Ique device present but there is a plugin for the ASUS MOBOs. You just have to have the lighting ASUS lighting service (NOT CRATE) Installed but dont launch it then you can control the MOBO from Ique.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1p3n4VWwCEfItYl-ZlYC5AgpbSen5O9I9/view?usp=sharing

Hey man this is exactly what I'm looking for as well.

2 PSU, 3 NVMe, countless GPU replacements and RAM test and replacement of the CPU cooler and 15 Windows installs later I have come to the conclusion that Armoury Crate is the culprit for all the random screen freezes that force me to do a hard reset.

I am so annoyed, like everybody else. I love Asus ROG products, I wanted all my setup to be ASUS ROG - but this software, what the fudge is this man?

Seriously? Do you not even test your own software with your own product? I could understand people complaining about it not working with other branded products but you guys, this is your products, this software MUST work!

AHHHHHHHHHH, I've spent countless hours, days and even weeks on end sorting this out and not being able to figure it out.

I'm sure Asus know, that's why the forums are so restricted. I'm sure they love helpful people telling them how to fix the mess - but how are we suppose to fix a mess we can't even find in the first place!

-----

Back to my point, what do you mean there are plugins? All I want to do is be able to change my Asus ROG Strix 3080 and my Asus B550-F (WI-FI) inside iCue until Asus can fix the problems with Armoury Crate.

They were showing in iCue previously, but something knocked them out, and they won't appear there now, despite me re-installing iCue.

So what's up...?

Zaheen wrote:

2 PSU, 3 NVMe, countless GPU replacements and RAM test and replacement of the CPU cooler and 15 Windows installs later I have come to the conclusion that Armoury Crate is the culprit for all the random screen freezes that force me to do a hard reset.

Do you have an AMD 5000 processor and your PC is freezing when idle?
If yes, look here: https://www.reddit.com/r/techsupport/comments/qb80k7/pc_partly_freezing_up_wont_respond_until_hard_b...

-----------------------------------------------

Topic: try SignalRGB

BigJohnny wrote:

Leaving just the Aura service will actually cause the RGB to be set after a full power loss boot. I just wish I could find where it reads its configuration from to change the RGB value without having to install the whole thing again.

domholmes wrote:
Leaving just the Aura service will actually cause the RGB to be set after a full power loss boot. I just wish I could find where it reads its configuration from to change the RGB value without having to install the whole thing again.

That happens with every software including aura, armory crate and Ique and is actually a trouble shooting step when armory crate hangs. Power off and wait 30 seconds and it resets to default. Open the app you are using and change it back. I never remove power from my PSU unless Im in there messing around. I had no issues. Launched Ique after and simply reset the values I wanted. Same goes for crate.