cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus TUF Gaming F15 2021 stuttering issue

feelthemall
Level 8
Laptop: Asus TUF Gaming F15 2021 (FX506HM)

Hello everyone,

I have this super annoying issue where my whole system stutters for a microsecond or second, and it happens quite frequently. The audio gets distorted, the cursor freezes, etc.

I have installed the latest drivers from Asus, and I have the latest BIOS version. I also checked the RAM and the storage (I added a secondary SSD and upgraded the ram after buying the laptop) just to be sure, and they are working fine. A ran every benchmark and test that I can think of, no issues.
There is some CPU thermal throttling, maybe that’s causing it, but I’m not sure.

Theoretically, everything should just work. I also reinstalled Windows 2 times, still no changes to the stuttering.
The weird thing is that I played some games recently, and I haven’t experienced the stuttering, cursor freeze, and audio distortion while playing so far.

I checked with LatencyMon, and there are some spikes. I also read some forums about it, but there were no concrete answers.

I contacted the Asus support, and they said that I should send it to a service center. But I think that it’s more likely to be a software/driver issue, and sending to a service would be pointless because they would just send it back saying that it’s working fine.

Attached the LatencyMon report below.

I would be so grateful if somebody could help me out with this one.
17 REPLIES 17

flivolsi76
Level 7
I have exactly the same issue i tried to contact Asus support but they just said that is the first time someone issued this situation and to re-install everything.

Well, it's still the same for me too. I just gave up at some point.
I install the latest drivers occasionally, hoping that they will fix it, but they don't.

xeromist
@feelthemall

A couple of things I would check: Does it stutter on battery? Does the Windows performance mode matter? Is the laptop elevated to allow airflow under the chassis? (try propping it up with something)
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

It does stutter on the battery as well, and I usually keep it on a stand, so the airflow is OK.
As for the performance mode, I tested it in all of them, same results. But I don't have access to the classic windows power modes, it is controlled by the armoury crate, and there are some settings missing, like The Minimum Processor State.

In my case, i uninstall armoury crate with the tool in this link : https://www.asus.com/supportonly/Armoury%20Crate/HelpDesk_Download/
Download the Armoury Crate Uninstall Tool (expand to show all utilities)
It's way better but the battery life will be less good.

Ahmed1997
Level 7
Mine also do that , stuttering for seconds only on battery after logging in to windows and when i unplug the charger immediately starting stuttering and become so laggy for a couple of seconds, and then works well, also i noticed that when i switch between armoury crate modes starts stuttering for seconds, is the armory crate is the problem?

I can confirm there is still an issue to this day, mine starts happening only after a while randomly and after that I keep getting these micro-stutters until I restart. It has something to do either with the power management or as someone mentioned with the AMD trusted execution (although I've updated the BIOS and all other stuff)..
If anyone else can confirm or came up with a solution?

g_d_savan_
Level 7
Hello, I had an asus tuf fa507 series (amd ryzen 7, rtx3060) laptop before. I returned it because of stuttering and high temperature. I bought a new Asus tuf fx506 (intel i5, rtx 3050) series laptop. This laptop also has a stuttering problem. I did almost everything that needed to be done, but it didn't work. I think stuttering is a chronic problem in the asus tuf series. Asus' game and engineer team needs to look into this issue. It's not something the service can do. I hope they provide a software solution as soon as possible.

g_d_savan_
Level 7

HiHello,
I had an asus tuf fa507 series (amd ryzen 7, rtx3060) laptop before. I returned it because of stuttering and high temperature. I bought a new Asus tuf fx506 (intel i5, rtx 3050) series laptop. This laptop also has a stuttering problem. I did almost everything that needed to be done, but it didn't work. I think stuttering is a chronic problem in the asus tuf series. Asus' game and engineer team needs to look into this issue. It's not something the service can do. I hope they provide a software solution as soon as possible.