New ROGer Array

Unhappy Asus TUF Gaming F15 2021 stuttering issue

Laptop: Asus TUF Gaming F15 2021 (FX506HM)

Hello everyone,

I have this super annoying issue where my whole system stutters for a microsecond or second, and it happens quite frequently. The audio gets distorted, the cursor freezes, etc.

I have installed the latest drivers from Asus, and I have the latest BIOS version. I also checked the RAM and the storage (I added a secondary SSD and upgraded the ram after buying the laptop) just to be sure, and they are working fine. A ran every benchmark and test that I can think of, no issues.
    There is some CPU thermal throttling, maybe that’s causing it, but I’m not sure.

Theoretically, everything should just work. I also reinstalled Windows 2 times, still no changes to the stuttering.
    The weird thing is that I played some games recently, and I haven’t experienced the stuttering, cursor freeze, and audio distortion while playing so far.

I checked with LatencyMon, and there are some spikes. I also read some forums about it, but there were no concrete answers.

I contacted the Asus support, and they said that I should send it to a service center. But I think that it’s more likely to be a software/driver issue, and sending to a service would be pointless because they would just send it back saying that it’s working fine.

Attached the LatencyMon report below.

I would be so grateful if somebody could help me out with this one.
    Miniatura de Adjuntos Miniatura de Adjuntos latencyMon.jpg  

Last edited by feelthemall; 01-28-2022 at 07:52 PM. Reason: removed the specs screenshots, added them to my profile instead

New ROGer Array

I have the same Asus

I have exactly the same issue i tried to contact Asus support but they just said that is the first time someone issued this situation and to re-install everything.

New ROGer Array

Nothing changed

Well, it's still the same for me too. I just gave up at some point.
    I install the latest drivers occasionally, hoping that they will fix it, but they don't.

TeamROG Moderator Array xeromist PC Specs
    xeromist PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Dell Inspiron 15 7567
    MotherboardMSI x470 Gaming Plus
    ProcessorAMD 2600X
    Memory (part number)16GB Crucial Ballistix Elite 3600
    Graphics Card #1ASUS GTX 1080 Strix
    MonitorBenQ BL3200PT
    Storage #1Intel 600p NVMe
    CPU CoolerWraith
    Casecustom Antec 900
    Power SupplyCorsair HX1000
    Keyboard Logitech Orion Spark
    Mouse Logitech MX500
    Headset Plantronics 777 with Oregon Aero upgrade

@feelthemall

A couple of things I would check: Does it stutter on battery? Does the Windows performance mode matter? Is the laptop elevated to allow airflow under the chassis? (try propping it up with something)
    * Support disease research with Folding@Home *

< < < Click the drop-down above my avatar for my PC specs!

New ROGer Array

It does stutter on the battery as well, and I usually keep it on a stand, so the airflow is OK.
    As for the performance mode, I tested it in all of them, same results. But I don't have access to the classic windows power modes, it is controlled by the armoury crate, and there are some settings missing, like The Minimum Processor State.

New ROGer Array

In my case, i uninstall armoury crate with the tool in this link : https://www.asus.com/supportonly/Arm...Desk_Download/
    Download the Armoury Crate Uninstall Tool (expand to show all utilities)
    It's way better but the battery life will be less good.
    Last edited by LifeNight; 02-16-2022 at 12:43 AM.