cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NVme not detected in M2_2 Asus Rog B450-F

blackchisel
Level 7
Howdy,

I recently built computer for writing music, using Asus Rog B450-F Gaming II mobo, Ryzen 5 2400G and G-skill ram. Updated BIOS, downloaded driver for NVme and loaded OS. NVme was first plugged into the upper M2_1 socket, which, according to the booklet disables ports 5&6. Everything works nice but I wanted to reclaim those ports, since there are additional 5 disks (ssd/hdd) I want to use. After moving NVme into the lower socket, which is M2_2 it is no longer detected, no matter what settings I change in BIOS.
According to Asus booklet, when disk is plugged into M2_2, transfer speed of one of the card slots will be halved, which doesn't bother me, since I don't need fancy video card.
Once fiddling with BIOS, I discovered that ports 5/6 can be in fact enabled, at the cost of transfer speed, which again, doesn't bother me a lot but I would prefer to use M2_2 and second slot for video card, which won't have speed reduced.
Did this happen to someone else? I'm sure I'm not the only one using this particular mobo and Samsung EVO 970 NVme.

Thanks
0 REPLIES 0