cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What has changed in ArmouryCrate.ThrottleGearMergeModule 4.2.14.1?

MyRyzenWorld
Level 11
ASUS/Blake,

Could you please share change log, what changed in latest:
ArmouryCrate.ThrottleGearMergeModule 4.2.14.1?

For ASUS G513QY Advantage Edition?

Thank you.
2 REPLIES 2

Exostenza
Level 9
It looks like they lowered the TDP of the CPU and took away the factory overclock that the 5900HX is supposed to have. I used to get a steady 4.4ghz while running cinebench r23 and I I only get 4ghz flat. This has been verified by several other G513QY Advantage users. It is very sad to see Asus back-peddling on laptop performance right before their new model with the 5980HX comes out. Was this for stability reasons or to make their new model look better? Unfortunately, because Asus rarely communicates anything to their community we will probably never know.

Why put in the overclocked edition of the cpu (HX variant) if you are just going to kill the overclocking potential of the CPU Asus?

Asus, please communicate with us why you made these changes and I would like to know if they could be reverted as my machine was completely stable outside of the Blender reboot issue which doesn't matter to me as I do not use Blender - I would like to have my performance back!

in CB R23 ok freq is blocked to 4ghz, but in other task freq get to 4.4, i dont think they remove overclock, juste block on benchmarck to avoid break cpu by warm