cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

m.2 drive no longer seen in bios (ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Formula)

wockawocka
Level 7
There's two M.2 sockets on this motherboard and the first one is used for my boot, the second as a working area but I booted up the other day and the drive was nowhere to be seen in Windows 10 or the bios.

This was a 2tb Sabrent Q4 pcie4.

Initially I thought it was the drive so put another in (Samsung 980 pro) but that doesn't show up either in the bios or windows disk management.

However, to really complicate things I stuck my almost three year old Samsung Polaris 512gb in there (used to be a boot drive) and that worked aok.

Now I'm thinking there and confirguration that's changed however I've not changed anything in the bios at all since getting the board other than boot priorities.

I am starting the regret shutting down my pc each night because usually that's when things start to go wrong with otherwise rock solid systems otherwise left running 24/7

Any thoughts on what this could be? I'm suspicious that my Sabrent at only 6 months old and the Samsung 980 which is brand new is at fault now. I just can't understand why the Sabrent just fell over like that?

(I'm on the latest bios)
2 REPLIES 2

13oots2
Level 7
Might be worth trying the drives individually in the first M.2 slot and seeing if BIOS detects them, you then know if it is a problem with the PCIe settings.

Hey,

It's worth a shot testing the Sabrent/Samsung on a different PC (if possible).