Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

new mobo asus maximus xii formula firmware

Yuniel
Level 10
Hello , this is where i need to click and install the firmware
https://imgur.com/DPAwPWf

do you guys recommened me to update the bios first before install the firmware ME intel ? , should i need to install this firmware ? maybe is installed it already ? how do i check if i have already the firmware last version in the mobo , in new mobo i buy less a month

thanks
7 REPLIES 7

Nate152
Hi Yuniel,

Click the pictures to make them bigger.

You can find the the bios version in System Information.

Check for any missing drivers in Device Manager.

ohh i see and click on property and details and there say the version , and btw thanks for the pictures , this help me aloot specially for newbie people , i also download this for verify if my computer is vulnerable or is safe
https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/19392/28632/intel-converged-security-and-management...
is a program from intel dont even required to install

Yuniel
Level 10
thanks for the reply , i know how to find the bios version , but the firmware ME intel how do i find it ? or no matter if i install it overwrite the currently one if is same version ?

Nate152
In Device Manager under System devices you should see this below. Right click on it and you can update it. It may tell you, you have the latest version.

Nate152
You're welcome,

It's not required but nothing wrong with having it.

I personally just use windows defender as my security program.

Nate152 wrote:
You're welcome,

It's not required but nothing wrong with having it.

I personally just use windows defender as my security program.

oh so no required yo install the ME intel firmware ? , is no too important ? just update the bios is more important if i want to install windows 11 in the future ? , beacuse the last bios of this motherboard is for compability for win 11

i have the drivers into a usb ready for when i build the PC , including separate solo usb for the bios fat32
SATA
Chipset
Audio
Bluetooth
LAN , i will not install wireless driver because i will never use that feautre my internet is direct from the cable
i probably update the bios after install windows no flashback just using easy mode into the bios loading from the usb , flashback is when you need it in order cpu can be compatible with the motherboard but is not my case beacuse the asus maximus xii formula come from factory compatible with i9 10900k
do you think is necesary / important driver in the section of Utilities ?

i need to disable the armour crate in the bios before install windows 10 , that one think i have in my notebook , beacuse i will no use armour crate and come by defauylt enable in bios , another think after i install windows 10 , enable the xmp to my memory ram can run 3200 , and that all i never OC my computers only the memory ram

Nate152
The Me driver is optional and I install it from the ASUS Support Center but the bios update is more important.

The bios update likely adds the TPM module to enable PTT in the bios, to allow windows 11 to install. Either that or makes it windows 11 ready.

I'm using windows 11 on my older ROG Maximus IX Code (Z270).