cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The sound is to loud !

Psycrow
Level 11
I just bought the Maximus Extreme XIII and installed win 10 with all drivers and updated bios.

When i listen to my stereo speakers connected in the green rear output then volume is fine. Even with 100 % volume turned up in windows.

But if i use my earphones in the front jack audio in my Fractal Xl case, then the volume is super loud and hurts my ear on 100 % volume.
I need to turn it down to 20-30 % to be normal.

The jack audio is connected to the motherboard with the audio pins and cable from the case.
Why is the volume so super loud in that audio output compared to the rear jack audio ?
and how do i fix that ?

Do i need to install sonic studio to adjust/fix this ???
I would rather avoid doing that cuz it blocks for my ARGB programs to use music for colour modes.
48 REPLIES 48

Nate152
Hi Psycrow,

I couldn't live without Sonic Studio 3, I mainly use it for effects and EQ.

You can set the amplify level in SupremeFx, it sets it automatically according to your headset impedance, Extreme has the fullest/loudest sound.

Psycrow
Level 11
Hello Nate 😄
You helped me ages ago with OC and stuff 😄
Ur a Moderator now ?!

I will look in to this studio. It looks nice from ur screens.

Nate152
Yep I remember, hope all is good with you and good to see you.

I think you'll like it.

One thing about the EQ in Sonic Studio 3, slide the two end bands all the way down as they do nothing.

Psycrow
Level 11
Noted 🙂
Thanks again

Psycrow
Level 11
I installed the sonic studio 3 and i see i can choose to set the volume overall on soft/balanced/extreme
And then i can set the volume for each program. How do i set the volume settings for youtube and other players i watch online from ?
Like in build browser player for most animes.

I can only see winamp and other programs that dosent even us ethe sound

Nate152
Cool, I see you installed it.

Beside Equalizer, change None to Custom and click the little bars to the right, this will bring up your equalizer.

I don't get too elaborate with it, I mainly game and listen to cd's or youtube songs, even though some may not be the greatest sounding.

I use the EQ and sliders, I use the sliders as a fine tune for the EQ and volume. Basic mode with the EQ is all I really need but I can adjust sound with Google Chrome in Advanced mode, I haven't tested them all.

I made you a video, you can make one for me too.

Nate152 wrote:
Cool, I see you installed it.

Beside Equalizer, change None to Custom and click the little bars to the right, this will bring up your equalizer.

I don't get too elaborate with it, I mainly game and listen to cd's or youtube songs, even though some may not be the greatest sounding.

I use the EQ and sliders, I use the sliders as a fine tune for the EQ and volume. Basic mode with the EQ is all I really need but I can adjust sound with Google Chrome in Advanced mode, I haven't tested them all.

I made you a video, you can make one for me too.

Thanks for ur video 🙂
I see how the adjustments works now, but i also see you have crome in ur list.
Thats the part im missing with firefox. I want to adjust the sound that firefox plays like you can with crome.

I only have solitare that i dont even play an dthen it shows TT RGB program that dosent play sound at all.
So thats 2 useless thing son my list rather than firefox. Also what is that noise cancelation for ?

Now i actualy remember that i had sonic studio on a old pc where i had several sound devices i could adjust and one of em was firefox.
So i has been working once !

Do you know why firefox wont show up on the sonic 3 list for audio to be adjusted ?

BigJohnny
Level 13
I just use TOSlink optical out to a DAC that has a built in headphone amp. Everything plays at reference levels.

Nate152
I didn't have to add Google Chrome, so it should add it automatically when you open firefox.

It may be further down in the list, scroll down with the red bar and see if it's there.