cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PG329Q Display Port Cables

kingsaadi
Level 7
Hi all,

I was looking for the specs for the ASUS ROG Display Port Cable that comes in the box with the PG329Q -

- Display Port 1.4 or 1.2?
- What speeds are they rated for each resolution - 8k60 hz? 4k 144hz? 2k 240hz?
- And are they VESA certified cables?

Tried looking for them online but couldn't find it.

Many thanks
i7 3970x 4.0ghz
NZXT Kraken X61 with 2x Noctua industrial A14 2000rpm fans
Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR3 1866mhz 8gbx4
Corsair AX1200
Asus Rampage IV Extreme
Asus Xonar Essence STX
EVGA 2x GTX980 SLI
Intel 520 Series SSD 480gb
WD Caviar Black 2TB
Asus 24x DVDRW
NZXT Phantom 820
2 REPLIES 2

BigJohnny
Level 13
Id imagine they would ship what it takes to run at the stated resolutions and refresh rates. Otherwise it would cause them more issues with returns. Not saying they will be the best cables out there as they are always too short and not heavy duty. Where my tower sits from my monitor I have to buy 10ft cables to get around the back of my desk and up around the routing path through the little hole thats up against a wall. Its not something you can just move either. Very large L shaped desk with full hutches all made from solid wood, no MDF here. Sucker weighs at least 2000 pounds.

kingsaadi
Level 7
That solid wood desk sounds awesome dude!

Just to update - noticed on the ASUS supplied cable it says 8K. AFAIK 8K support needs DP1.4 right? So, the ASUS cable is probably DP1.4. Yeah it's short, but is working pretty smoothly so far.

Actually tried calling ASUS about it but...their technical support couldn't do much better than read through the user manual and tell me that the monitor ports are DP1.2.

On another note, I'd be keen to know if people buying this monitor are having quality issues. I had to return 3 as they all had dead pixels out of the box, one even had rust building up at the base. On my 4th one now and after few days of adjusting to it I noticed the right 1/4 of the screen has a banding/colour or hue shift noticeable on white/gray/cyan backgrounds mostly. More noticeable on wider viewing angles.

The shift is distinct with a STRAIGHT VERTICAL line so don't think it's IPS glow? It's quite distracting on gray/white screens.
i7 3970x 4.0ghz
NZXT Kraken X61 with 2x Noctua industrial A14 2000rpm fans
Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR3 1866mhz 8gbx4
Corsair AX1200
Asus Rampage IV Extreme
Asus Xonar Essence STX
EVGA 2x GTX980 SLI
Intel 520 Series SSD 480gb
WD Caviar Black 2TB
Asus 24x DVDRW
NZXT Phantom 820