cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG STRIX Z690-A GAMING WIFI D4 Audio issues.

pinkfloyd1173
Level 11
So I have just did a fresh install of win10, on my new mobo and i7 12700k.

Everything seems to be working fine other than one issue that I am having with my Audio.

I have a pair of Logitech Z625 speakers. Now everytime I restart my rig, my woofer, woof's 3 to 4 times, its always on start up if I have powered on the speakers.

I have tried the Realtek Audio Driver V6.3.9600.2295 for Windows 11,Windows 10 64-bit.(WHQL), from the mobo website.

I have tried Mr. Mokichu provied driver too, nothing seems to fix this issue???

I have tried the speakers on my other rig and all works fine.

I also have tried to disable the realtek audio driver to startup when I power or restart my rig, same thing, other that if I disable the driver to start up, I then cannot get the Realtek Audio Console to open up. I have to enable the Realtek driver to start up on my rig, then I can open up the RAconsole.

Any one else have this issue, maybe a fix? Can it be just a bad mobo, I can return it and get a new one or go back to the z690 tuff d4 one I had??

Thanks in advance for your help.
ROG STRIX Z790-E GAMING WIFI II Bios 1002: Intel i7 14900k: CORSAIR DOMINATOR TITANIUM RGB 64GB 6600MHz DDR5: : ASUS ROG STRIX PG38UQ: ROG Strix 4090 OC :2 M.2 990 PRO 2 TB: CORSAIR - AIO CORSAIR LINK H170I LCD : Corsair HX1500I: Corsair 7000D airflow Case: Windows 11 Pro
39 REPLIES 39

darth_meh
Level 7
When you say "woofs" do you mean it pops like 3 or 4 times? If so, mine does that too. I think it's probably normal (unfortunately).

pinkfloyd1173
Level 11
Yes it pops, but mine sounds like a woof, lol.

Damm that sucks, the z690 tuff d4 did not do that, so I am thinking it just might be this mobo?? I have updated the bios on it.

This strix is nice, its white so gotta get use to it,but it does not have a optical output and is about $100.00 more exspensive than the tuff one, lol.

Might just go get the tuff one again and stay with that until next year and see if dd5 improves on performance.
ROG STRIX Z790-E GAMING WIFI II Bios 1002: Intel i7 14900k: CORSAIR DOMINATOR TITANIUM RGB 64GB 6600MHz DDR5: : ASUS ROG STRIX PG38UQ: ROG Strix 4090 OC :2 M.2 990 PRO 2 TB: CORSAIR - AIO CORSAIR LINK H170I LCD : Corsair HX1500I: Corsair 7000D airflow Case: Windows 11 Pro

Silent_Scone
Super Moderator
Hello,

Can you confirm if this happens with the system at Optimised Defaults in the UEFI (no XMP or any overclocking).
13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090

Silent Scone@ROG wrote:
Hello,

Can you confirm if this happens with the system at Optimised Defaults in the UEFI (no XMP or any overclocking).

Everytrhing is on stock, in my bios. No OC, No XMP, other than the fan adjusments, and setting the boot to uefi mode.

Dont really mess with the bios.

I wonder if its because I am using win 10???

I am thinking of trying out the Win 11, will report back how that goes if I decide to do it.

Also another thing I noticed, was I reinstalled the realtex driver agian from the mobo website, and the realtek audio console, SS3 and DTS apps do not install. I have to manuallly install them, thats never happened before??

pinkfloyd1173
Level 11
I think I figured out what was causing the poping issue.

Its the Realtek Audio Console.

I uninstalled the Realtek driver and reinstalled it again, but this time I only downloaded the SS3 app not the RAC app.

Since then no more popping noise.

This is what fixed the issue with me on this mobo, might differ for others??

pinkfloyd1173 wrote:
I think I figured out what was causing the poping issue.

Its the Realtek Audio Console.

I uninstalled the Realtek driver and reinstalled it again, but this time I only downloaded the SS3 app not the RAC app.

Since then no more popping noise.

This is what fixed the issue with me on this mobo, might differ for others??

I never got the console working, and I also got some strange sounds coming from one of the speakers. Eventually, I removed / uninstalled every driver and all this "Sonic" staff that comes bundled with the board, including cleaning out the registry. Then I let Windows 11 update install the MS drivers. Crystal clear sound now. And I anyway found the Sonic utility not helpful for anything I need.

I have the same problem with my Z690-F and my DT990 Pro.
Contacted the support, but they couldn't help (instead said that I should change my headphones)

It's a lower frequency noise that, depending on the playback source, can be some sort of popping noise, or with headphones it can sound like released water in your ear (annoying)

Tried many different things but it's still there, had the same problem even with a default linux system (based on Arch).

That noise appears every time the soundcard gets initialized/loaded, in the start up cycle it's right after my usb keyboard.
You can get the same noise on some woofers or headphones if you unplug and replug the cable, or turn off your audio console via switch.

I also got hissing problems, but thanks to the driver package provided in this forum that's gone.

pinkfloyd1173
Level 11
UPDATE!!!

Well the poping is back???

It could just be the mobo, realtek driver, or bios???

I

I have the same experience. I think it is just initializing, however it was a bit disturbing the first hundred times or so 🙂 I also have the output level a bit too high for my liking and it does not seem to be able to lower it that much, but that is more likely a result of my amplified speaker setup (old Cambridge SoundWorks originals).