Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 20 28 29 30
    Moderator Array

Hi all,
    The WHEA 17 Error on ASUS motherboards is a Gen4 signal, M.2 SSD and related driver compatibility message, not a hardware design issue on the motherboard itself, and does not affect PCIE and M.2 related functions.
    The PCIe slot and M.2 slot related signals on our motherboards are also far superior to the design specifications.

If you use Windows 10, we recommend that you consider upgrading to Windows 11. However, if you use Windows 11 but still experiencing this issue with the latest BIOS and have concerns, we recommend that you consider disabling the PCI Express Native Power Management feature in your BIOS to avoid a WHEA 17 error. Disabling this option will have little impact on normal usage, so please don't worry.

If you have other usage anomalies, we may suggest you to check your peripherals.
    Sorry for any inconvenience it may cause.
    Last edited by STARRAIN@ROG; 09-23-2022 at 01:46 AM.

ROG Guru: White Belt Array

Quote Originally Posted by STARRAIN@ROG View Post
    Hi all,
    The WHEA 17 Error on ASUS motherboards is a Gen4 signal, M.2 SSD and related driver compatibility message, not a hardware design issue on the motherboard itself, and does not affect PCIE and M.2 related functions.
    The PCIe slot and M.2 slot related signals on our motherboards are also far superior to the design specifications.

If you use Windows 10, we recommend that you consider upgrading to Windows 11. However, if you use Windows 11 but still experiencing this issue with the latest BIOS and have concerns, we recommend that you consider disabling the PCI Express Native Power Management feature in your BIOS to avoid a WHEA 17 error. Disabling this option will have little impact on normal usage, so please don't worry.

If you have other usage anomalies, we may suggest you to check your peripherals.
    And do you expect people will be satisfied with such response? I hope you understand they won't believe this nonsense.

New ROGer Array mini-itx PC Specs
    mini-itx PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Early 2015 Macbook Pro
    MotherboardASUS ROG Strix Z690-I
    ProcessorIntel i9 12900 K
    Memory (part number)G. SKILL Trident Z5 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR5 5600 CL36
    Graphics Card #1Sapphire AMD Radeon RX 6800 16G GDDR6
    MonitorLG 43" Ultra HD 4K IPS Monitor
    Storage #11 TB Samsung NVME M.2 V-NAND SSD 980 PRO
    Storage #21 TB Samsung NVME M.2 V-NAND SSD 980 PRO
    CPU CoolerLiquid Cooled Custom Loop
    CaseBitfenix Prodigy
    Power SupplyCORSAIR RMx Series (2021) RM850x
    OS Windows 11

Nothing new here!!!

Hi all,

This type of response is typical of the mumbo jumbo, deceit and denial ASUS has been engaged in with the faulty (STRIX z690-I Gaming WIFI) motherboard. ASUS, you have made a defective product and do not possess the integrity to admit it! Shame on you!! Your spurious solutions display your desperate and disgusting business model! The lack of definitive action to resolve this issue directly reflects the lack of respect and even contempt you have for your customers! The phoney platitudes you conclude your comments and conversations with do not mitigate the lack of respect you possess!
    Last edited by mini-itx; 09-24-2022 at 11:53 AM.

New ROGer Array

Hi all,

My system is using parts all tested on your QVL. Disabling PCIEX Native power management may suppress the errors but it does not fix instability.

I'm not sure what answer Intel have given you or where your engineers have reached this conclusion but some simple and long term usage of a system will show that this is not a solution.

I guess I will have to return my board on the grounds Asus are unwilling to provide a solution. Plenty have given you guys a chance only to be let down.

I hope that this gets out into social media to raise awareness. I know I'll be doing my best to raise awareness online.

mini-itx PC Specs
    CaseBitfenix Prodigy
    OS Windows 11

All Components In My Build Comply with ASUS QVL for STRIX z690-I Gaming WIFI

I have spent many hours trying all relevant "fixes" suggested on this forum to resolve the instability issues I am experiencing with the ASUS STRIX z690-I Gaming WIFI used in my build. Nothing suggested on this forum has worked! I have spent many hours researching and attempting all fixes to resolve instability issues with my ASUS STRIX z690-I Gaming WIFI board without success!

I sent my ASUS STRIXz690-I Gaming WIFI in to ASUS for RMA expecting your technical engineers to resolve the instability issues I have encountered since I completed my build and to date. ASUS's "engineers" were not successful in resolving the instability issues. I still experience BSOD, freezing, and crashes!

"If you use Windows 10, we recommend that you consider upgrading to Windows 11. Have been running Windows 11. , if you use Windows 11 but still experiencing this issue with the latest BIOS and have concerns, we recommend that you consider disabling the PCI Express Native Power Management feature in your BIOS to avoid a WHEA 17 error. I am running PCIE NPM disabled! Disabling this option will have little impact on normal usage, so please don't worry."Disabling PCIE NPM does not resolve instability issues!

"If you have other usage anomalies, we may suggest you to check your peripherals.All Components In My Build Comply with ASUS QVL for STRIX z690-I Gaming WIFI"
    Sorry for any inconvenience it may cause. All I ask is that you quit apologizing for this faulty motherboard and replace it or refund my money!!
    Last edited by mini-itx; 09-26-2022 at 11:57 AM.

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array bass junkie xl PC Specs
    bass junkie xl PC Specs
    MotherboardZ690 Asus Strix D4 x 2 Bios 1604
    ProcessorRIG #1 12900 Ks @ 5.4/5.1 ring @ 1.36v/ RIG #2 12900 K @ 5.2/4.9 Ring @ 1.37v
    Memory (part number)DDR4 32GB Royals @ 4133 c15 Gear 1 / RiG # 2 32GB Team Group X @ 4000 cl-15-15-15-35 @ 1.52v
    Graphics Card #1RTX Asus 3090 TI LC + 240mm @ 2000 mhz @0.950v
    Graphics Card #2RTX 3080 EVGA XC3 Ultra @ 1860 mhz @ 0.842v
    Graphics Card #3MSI Gtx 1080 Ti + 360m aio @ 2000 mhz + 300 mem
    Sound CardMotherboard Realtec , Driver 87.46
    MonitorAsus Xg27AQM 27" @270 hz / Asus PG279Q 27" @165 HZ / AOC AG251FZ2 1080P @240hz
    Storage #1XPG 2TB/Samsung 970 evo+ 500 Gb / 970 Evo 1TB x 2
    Storage #22 tb HDD x 4
    CPU CoolerArtic liquid freezer 420mm / Deep Cool Gamermaxx 360mm v2 / Kraken G12 s36 360mm
    CaseThermaltake View 71 full Glass
    Power SupplyEvga 1000w Platnuim / evga 750 w
    Keyboard Corsair K95 Platnuim RGB
    Mouse Corsair Night Sword RGB
    Headset Razer Kraken 7.1 chroma
    Mouse Pad Asus Sheeth Large
    Headset/Speakers Logitech Z-5500 THX 5.1
    OS Windows 10-21h1 x64 Pro

Quote Originally Posted by mini-itx View Post
    I have spent many hours trying all relevant "fixes" suggested on this forum to resolve the instability issues I am experiencing with the ASUS STRIX z690-I Gaming WIFI used in my build. Nothing suggested on this forum has worked! I have spent many hours researching and attempting all fixes to resolve instability issues with my ASUS STRIX z690-I Gaming WIFI board without success!

I sent my ASUS STRIXz690-I Gaming WIFI in to ASUS for RMA expecting your technical engineers to resolve the instability issues I have encountered since I completed my build and to date. ASUS's "engineers" were not successful in resolving the instability issues. I still experience BSOD, freezing, and crashes!

"If you use Windows 10, we recommend that you consider upgrading to Windows 11. Have been running Windows 11. , if you use Windows 11 but still experiencing this issue with the latest BIOS and have concerns, we recommend that you consider disabling the PCI Express Native Power Management feature in your BIOS to avoid a WHEA 17 error. I am running PCIE NPM disabled! Disabling this option will have little impact on normal usage, so please don't worry."Disabling PCIE NPM does not resolve instability issues!

"If you have other usage anomalies, we may suggest you to check your peripherals.All Components In My Build Comply with ASUS QVL for STRIX z690-I Gaming WIFI"
    Sorry for any inconvenience it may cause. All I ask is that you quit apologizing for this faulty motherboard and replace it or refund my money!!
    i have had trrhis issue but i dont get bsods or feezes , i get whea error 19 pcix , what seems to have solved my issue ( solved as in no more whea error 19 ) in event viewer is a post a few pages ago going in to device manager and chaning the driver to intel from a page or 2 ago . also increasing my cpu voltage +0.020v i havent seen any in 3 weeks +

mini-itx PC Specs
    CaseBitfenix Prodigy
    OS Windows 11

So??????

Quote Originally Posted by bass junkie xl View Post
    i have had trrhis issue but i dont get bsods or feezes , i get whea error 19 pcix , what seems to have solved my issue ( solved as in no more whea error 19 ) in event viewer is a post a few pages ago going in to device manager and chaning the driver to intel from a page or 2 ago . also increasing my cpu voltage +0.020v i havent seen any in 3 weeks +
    Thank you for the input, My motherboard is unstable, I get multiple BSOD, freezes. I have never seen WHEA 19 errors, just BSOD caused by many different random reasons.

New ROGer Array

happy ending

I first purchased the Z690i on the 25th of May from Amazon.
    After endless troubleshooting, contact with Asus support via email, and on the forum here there still has been no solution to the broken M2 slot connected directly on the motherboard to the CPU.

I first took the time to provide all my system details to Asus via email and their form so their engineers could repeat the problem.
    Also, here I run several different tests including multiple graphics cards, riser cables and M2 drives to determine where the issue lays.
    Still, after discovering the issue is with a specific M2 slot, and passing the information to Asus, they cannot find a solution and insist that any issue is unrelated to a flaw in their motherboard design. At the same time, they do not admit that this is a problem they either need to fix with their hardware, or via a BIOS or Driver update.

They even say they have been in touch with Intel regarding the problem.

In total I think I have wasted around 60h of time trying to troubleshoot this problem personally, yet Asus refuses to support their product.

I even have my memory and M2 drive on the Asus QVL list.

At this point its 100% clear to me that Asus are avoiding admitting there is an issue and despite being able to replicate it, claim that the error does not relate to instability and that disabling Native Power Management fixes the issue.

It most definitely does not. It may stop WHEA but it does not fix stability.

Anyway, luckily for me I spoke to Amazon today who under the circumstances have offered an exception to return my motherboard outside of their return period for a refund. I will be gladly purchasing a replacement and returning this board.

To others in the same boat, look at the starting date of this thread and be wary of your warranty. If this was first reported in November 2021 and Asus still haven't provided a solution by now then the chances are people are going to be in a situation where their board is out of warranty, and they are left with this fault.
    This is especially true if later on they decide they need to populate that faulty M2 slot and may not even be using it at the moment only later down the line to see a problem.

If Asus refuse to offer a refund or a working replacement then please contact your retailer who aren't obligated to help but may do on the grounds Asus are unwilling too.

Good luck to everyone out there.
    Oh and on a separate note I did share this thread and problem with Jay2Cent on YouTube, he has recently highlighted other problems people have recently had with Asus, so I hope he also see's this. Others should do the same to try and raise awareness. There is no doubt in my mind if this came out the bad publicity would force Asus no to ignore the issue.

mini-itx PC Specs
    CaseBitfenix Prodigy
    OS Windows 11

The "fix" of placing the OS drive in the NVME slot that interfaces with the z690 chipset is not a fix at all! The computer can not run Prime 95 for longer than 3 minutes without crashing.
    The ASUS Strix z690-I Gaming WIFI motherboard is useful only as a paper weight, yet ASUS refuses to do anything substantive about it.

What a disgrace, and negative reflection on ASUS
    Last edited by mini-itx; 10-01-2022 at 09:34 AM.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by mini-itx View Post

I confirm this information. The solution given by Asus does not solve the stability issues. I cant use the computer for more than an hour without a slowdown followed by a BSOD.

Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 20 28 29 30