Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast
    ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by STARRAIN@ROG View Post
    Do you have any issue while get WHEA 17 warning?
    Does it also occur on bios 1505 with bios all default settings?
    Could you please help to check if it is still present without the riser?
    Thank you.
    I do have WHEA 17 when PCI Express Native Power Management is Enabled.
    Disabeling it fixes the issue, as far as I can tell.
    I tried Clearing CMOS, reflashing the latest BIOS, Clearing CMOS again. (as my icue software reads 127C sensor ) Only thing I changed in the bios is I set XMP profile for the ram.
    Unfortunately card wont fit in the case, as I bought miniITX build for the miniITX build. It would be hard to test it without the riser without full disassebly.

I'm not sure if disabling ta Native Power Managment affecting the performance. I guess it should not, as it only can reduce power consumption. Do you have a clue?

Moderator Array

Hi Petrufel,
    Do you mean only get WHEA 17 but the pc is working fine?
    Do you get WHEA 17 right after boot into windows or when running the specific apps? How often do you get it?
    If you often get WHEA 17, is it possible to check it without the case and the riser for a while?
    Could you please help to check if WHEA 17 is present on 1505 with bios all default settings(disabling XMP)?
    Please rest assured that disabling PCI Express Native Power Management doesn't affect the performance.
    Thank you.
    Last edited by STARRAIN@ROG; 07-06-2022 at 02:14 AM.

ROG Member Array

@STARRAIN@ROG, It seems stable (no apps crashing) when PCI Express Native Power Management is disabled.
    When PCI Express Native Power Management was enabled I got some games crashing.
    WHEA 17 are persistent when PCI Express Native Power Management is enabled with bios 1505 in default settings XMP off (defaults loaded). Right from the start 10s and 100s of them every minute. I did memtest with no errors as well.
    I would do some testing without the case and the riser later.
    For now just keep my Native Power Management disabled, as it seems resolving the issue.
    No BSODs in any states though.

Moderator Array

Hi Petrufel,
    Thank you for your reply.
    Do you mean some games would close itself without any error message when PCI Express Native Power Management was enabled?
    Do you get the games crashing right after open the games or after run for a while? What is the frequency of occurrence?
    If you still get a lot of WHEA 17 every minute right after boot into windows and the games crashing without the case and the riser, may I have the information below?
    - the serial number of the motherboard via PM
    - the brand and the model name of your CPU, RAM, graphics card, OS drive, PSU and pc case
    (Please check the specific model name of RAM such as G.SKILL F5-6800U4040G16GX2-TZ5S.)
    - OS version and OS build
    - name and version of the crashing games
    - a screenshot of WHEA 17
    Thank you.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by STARRAIN@ROG View Post
    Hi Dodgexander,
    After disable PCIE native power management, you don't get any WHEA 17 warning and BSOD?
    Which apps do you run will get WHEA 17 warning and BSOD on bios 1505 with bios all default settings?
    If it occurs when run the specific apps, how long do you run the app will get WHEA 17 warning and BSOD?
    Thank you.
    Disabling PCIE native power management was working for me until today. Today even when disabled I get the errors in event log and a BSOD. I was doing some light gaming in World of Warcraft.
    With power management enabled, default settings and bios 1505 I get even more WHEA errors in event log, a spam of non-stop errors.
    Now with it disabled, I get some errors, but not as many. System is still not stable but it only crashes from time to time rather than constantly.

Its pretty intermittent with power management disabled. Sometimes system will be fine, other times it will get hit hard by WHEA. It usually happens when gaming, when it does BSOD or event log spam WHEA17.
    I have a memory dump for a WHEA 17 error if needed.

Quote Originally Posted by simon5g View Post
    Is this a affecting all these boards? i have one but am running a 1070ti gpu atm. Is there no way to tell if your board has this issue unless you have a gen 4 gpu? Or are all z690 boards affected?
    Check your event log under system messages for WHEA errors.

Quote Originally Posted by Petrufel View Post
    ROG STRIX Z690-I GAMING WIFI with latest bios Version 1505
    ROG Strix GeForce RTX 3080 OC Edition 10GB GDDR6X

Same issue. Sent email to Asus Support, hope they fix it.
    I wonder if it something to do with PCI-E gen 4 riser? This is mini ITX board and I use it in dan a4h2o case with the riser.
    This thread is for the z690A but like you I have the Z690I. AFAIK it is effecting all Z690 boards.

Quote Originally Posted by zasy99 View Post
    Yup, I saw that a while ago, Gigabyte is offering refunds or upgrades to other boards for their ones heavily affected by the same issue.

https://www.gigabyte.com/Press/News/1991
    Hey they are at least acknowledging the issue. Right now we are having to live with unstable systems and an uncertain future from Asus.

I'm about to return my board, frankly.
    Last edited by Dodgexander; 07-09-2022 at 12:42 PM.

Moderator Array

Hi Dodgexander,
    There is new bios 1601 released for ROG STRIX Z690-I GAMING WIFI.
    Please check if WHEA 17 warning and BSOD still occur on bios 1601 with bios all default settings or only PCIE native power management disabled.
    If you still get WHEA 17 warning and BSOD, what is the error message with BSOD?
    Thank you.

New ROGer Array

Z690 Strix-E

I have gotten WHEA 17 errors with power management enabled ever since I owned this motherboard (Z690 Strix-E). It seems like disabling power management fixes the issue. The latest bios (1601) does not fix it either. Is the only solution to keep this setting disabled? Will there never be another fix?

Moderator Array

Hi Schug,
    Do you get WHEA 17 errors on bios 1601 with bios all default settings?
    Do you have any issue such as BSOD or freeze when you get WHEA 17 errors?
    Do you get WHEA 17 errors right after boot into windows or when running the specific games? How often does it occurs?
    Thank you.

New ROGer Array Shraf2k PC Specs
    Shraf2k PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus ROG Strix z690-A gaming wifi d4
    Processor12700k
    Memory (part number)Crucial ballistix max 4400
    Graphics Card #1EVGA RTX 3080ti ftw3 Hybrid
    MonitorLG C1 48
    Storage #1Intel DC P4510
    Storage #2Adata gammix sl70 blade
    CPU CoolerEVGA CLC 360
    Case5000D
    Power SupplyEVGA supernova G6 1000w
    OS Windows 11

I thought I was losing it.

Thank god I found this thread... For months I've been pulling out whatever hair I have left trying to figure out why my build keeps rebooting and why I have a list of whea errors that looks like cheesecake factory menu... I too messed with power management after trying to decipher the errors and it mitigated it for a while as well as flashing bios update after bios update. I even got a new board thinking I got a dud. Is this a hardware issue?

New ROGer Array

Whea 17

I get the errors with default settings. It seems to happen rather consistently right after booting into windows. I had 15 or so after an hour. I don't normally BSOD or freeze but I notice that my NVMe drive speed is incredibly slow and when I do anything that utilizes it the errors start racking up. Disabling the native power management setting does fix it but I'm not sure why it happens with it on.

I actually didn't get any errors after first boot with 1601 installed. However, it started happening after the first reboot with default settings.

Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast