Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    Moderator Array

Hi Grendel602,
    The WHEA 17 error message is under investigation.
    However, our tech team didn't encounter hangups, BSODS or crash issues.
    You mentioned "Hangups and BSODS occur right after fresh WIN 11 install and the WHEA errors are constant on 0707 default settings.".
    May I double confirm hangups and BSODS occur after fresh win 11 install and didn't install any drivers or apps? Did hangups and BSODS occur while stay in windows screen?
    May I have more details about the scenario when you encounter hangups, BSODS or crash issues?
    - the error message while BSOD
    - the OS build
    - Which drivers and apps(the names and versions) you installed?
    - the bios settings and system settings
    - How often you encounter hangups, BSODS or crash issues? Do they occur often while running which apps?
    Thank you.

Moderator Array

Hi Aiiv2022,
    Do you get random BSOD and crash on bios 0707? Did you got random BSOD and crash after fresh OS install and didn't install any drivers or apps?
    Have you restored bios to all default settings but still got random BSOD and crash?
    May I have the information below?
    - the serial number of the motherboard via PM
    - the brand and the model name of your RAM, PSU and the PCIE devices(in which slots)
    * Please check the specific model name of RAM such as G.SKILL F5-6000U4040A16GX2-TZ5RS.
    - OS version & OS build
    May I have more details about the scenario when you encounter random BSOD and crash issues?
    - The error message while get BSOD
    - How often you encounter BSODS or crash issues? Which apps do you run and you often get BSODS or crash issues?
    Thank you.

New ROGer Array

I will reset the BIOS settings and run some stress tests and benchmarks.

Is ASUS able to co firm the WHEA 17 error situation? Are they claiming it results in no issues?

Quote Originally Posted by STARRAIN@ROG View Post
    Hi Aiiv2022,
    Do you get random BSOD and crash on bios 0707? Did you got random BSOD and crash after fresh OS install and didn't install any drivers or apps?
    Have you restored bios to all default settings but still got random BSOD and crash?
    - the brand and the model name of your RAM, PSU and the PCIE devices(in which slots)
    * Please check the specific model name of RAM such as G.SKILL F5-6000U4040A16GX2-TZ5RS.
    - OS version & OS build
    May I have more details about the scenario when you encounter random BSOD and crash issues?
    - How often you encounter BSODS or crash issues? Which apps do you run and you often get BSODS or crash issues?
    Thank you.

New ROGer Array

Not sure what else you want that would help. This is a well established problem tied to the PEG 10 - 460D that is part of the PCIE Root Complex.

The only way people have solved the issue is by putting their GPU's into GEN 3 mode in BIOs or some have been able to disable ASPM and link state power management. Only going to GEN 3 works for me. A lot of people are getting crashes if we don't do something to stop the errors.

Lots of people here talking about it on ASUS boards, but it also impacts Gigabyte.

https://www.overclock.net/threads/of...794802/page-32

The only two devices tied to my PEG 10 460D is NVIDIA HD Audio and the RTX 3090 itself.

Currently, on fresh WIN 11 install with new 980 PRO NVME drive with all your current drivers and windows updates I do still get the errors but no crashes...at least not yet. I did turn off link state power management in power options for PCIE.
    Last edited by Grendel602; 12-03-2021 at 11:10 PM.

New ROGer Array

Hi STARRAIN,

I reached out to technical support already, and I have a case number now.
    In short the BSOD or crash doesn't not follow a certain pattern/steps, it's all random. It can happen in a Zoom meeting, or in a 3DMark stress testing, but normally within 30 mins after boot.

Hi Aiiv2022,
    - OS version & OS build
    Thank you.

Moderator Array

Hi Grendel602,
    The WHEA 17 error message is still under investigation.
    If there is any news, I'll keep updated.

Moderator Array

Hi Aiiv2022,
    If have contacted our technical support and provided the related information, may I have your serial number of the motherboard via PM?
    Thank you.

ROG Guru: Green Belt Array

If you have been overclocking and getting WHEA errors try this.

Open power shell or CMD admin.

Type in

sfc /scannow

This will check the windows files and repair most everything. If it ends saying there were some errors not fixed then proceed to step two

Still in power shell or cmd type in

DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

Takes a little longer buyt it will fix anything left by the SFC command.

Then run the SFC again and it should come back with "No integrity violations found.

Overclocking anything to the BSOD point often will corrupt OS files. This will fix that problem

New ROGer Array

No overclocking here.

Quote Originally Posted by BigJohnny View Post
    If you have been overclocking and getting WHEA errors try this.

Open power shell or CMD admin.

Type in

sfc /scannow

This will check the windows files and repair most everything. If it ends saying there were some errors not fixed then proceed to step two

Still in power shell or cmd type in

DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

Takes a little longer buyt it will fix anything left by the SFC command.

Then run the SFC again and it should come back with "No integrity violations found.

Overclocking anything to the BSOD point often will corrupt OS files. This will fix that problem

New ROGer Array

Hi Aiiv2022,
    If have contacted our technical support and provided the related information, may I have your serial number of the motherboard via PM?
    Thank you.
    PM sent, thanks.

Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast