cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blu-ray playback issues anyone?

PeterUK1
Level 8
Anyone having problems with Blu-ray playback?

ProArt-Z690-CREATOR-WIFI + i9 12900K

I have a GTX 1650 (My other system has a RTX 2080) on 496.76 on win 11 and tried PowerDVD and WinDVD none can play Blu-ray DVD playback is fine.
9 REPLIES 9

RavenMaster
Level 7
PeterUK1 wrote:
Anyone having problems with Blu-ray playback?

ProArt-Z690-CREATOR-WIFI + i9 12900K

I have a GTX 1650 (My other system has a RTX 2080) on 496.76 on win 11 and tried PowerDVD and WinDVD none can play Blu-ray DVD playback is fine.

Which monitor/TV are you using?

I have a Sony 4K TV with BenQ G2200W I have posted a case with NVIDIA as Studio Drivers work and play Blu-ray but Game Ready Drivers do not.

Caudwell
Level 7
PeterUk1 - Q What Blu-ray optical drive do you have in your pc you may need to update firmware for that optical drive ?

Well it works fine with NVIDIA Studio Drivers 472.47 just not with Game Ready Drivers 497.09

So my Blu-ray optical drive is fine I did try to firmware update but it didn't want to saying could not find the drive.
SilverStone Technology SOB03

PeterUK1 wrote:
Well it works fine with NVIDIA Studio Drivers 472.47 just not with Game Ready Drivers 497.09

So my Blu-ray optical drive is fine I did try to firmware update but it didn't want to saying could not find the drive.
SilverStone Technology SOB03

Maybe a try a different HDMI cable. It could be an intermittent signal messing up the HDCP handshake.

If it was the cable which its not because A. same cables was used on this system I upgraded to and was fine on windows 10 and B. on the new system with windows 11 I can play Blu-ray with NVIDIA Studio Drivers 472.47 so why would it be the HDMI cable for Game Ready Drivers 497.09? that does not make sense.

PeterUK1 wrote:
If it was the cable which its not because A. same cables was used on this system I upgraded to and was fine on windows 10 and B. on the new system with windows 11 I can play Blu-ray with NVIDIA Studio Drivers 472.47 so why would it be the HDMI cable for Game Ready Drivers 497.09? that does not make sense.

PeterUk1 - I look at the website of that Blu-Ray i did not know there do optical drive 1st for me sorry - but from looking at your new post than if the Nvidia Studio Drivers work and the Nvidia Game Reday Drivers do not work for this optical drive than you will have to ask Nvidia for help and let tham know at you are have issues and in need for more help from the Nvidia Team sorry this is only way on me thinking for now i not got any more info on this Issues you have i look on the website two to see if there is a update firmwar for that Blu-Ray Optical Drive i have not found any from looking.

Well its a odd way of thinking how can a optical drive play Blu-ray with Nvidia Studio Drivers with HDCP all working fine but not work with Nvidia Game Ready Drivers that are newer? Is it not more likely that the Nvidia Game Ready Drivers are to blame then the optical drive firmware?

PeterUK1 wrote:
Well its a odd way of thinking how can a optical drive play Blu-ray with Nvidia Studio Drivers with HDCP all working fine but not work with Nvidia Game Ready Drivers that are newer? Is it not more likely that the Nvidia Game Ready Drivers are to blame then the optical drive firmware?

Sorry PeterUk1 if you not know what say in my post i try to put my best on what i am saying i have Dyslexia so text is not so good.

I do not know why than sorry but this has to be down to Nvidia Issues from there Drivers than you have to see and ask for help on there Forums may be to know more why only that Driver works than not the Nvidia Game Reday Drivers than.
what version have you got for this two on your pc - ( PowerDVD and WinDVD ) there may need update two but from your post you say at windwos 10 is ok and works - and from your post you say than not windwos 11 than - me doing more thinking it has to be more so on the Nvidia Drivers you have on your pc for windows 11 it dose not like than - but try the Nvidia old Game Ready Drivers from last month than see.