Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by micboule View Post
    Hi FQs19,

That's a problem to not be able to get another motherboard for those sTRX40 Threadripper CPU. Specially at the performance of those products and prices they are selling.

I was thinking to buying another backup Motherboard, but they start to be hard to get.
    The one that I can get around here is the ASUS Prime TRX40-Pro S AMD sTRX4, which is less featured than a ZE2.

I'm wondering if there is something similar on the market that would be able to replace the 3970x CPU?
    I bought two backup motherboards, the Gigabyte TRX40 Designare and the MSI AMD Pro Series TRX40 Pro10g. I got them both off of eBay.
    The MSI AMD Pro Series TRX40 has been fantastic so far. They both come with 10gBe internet and a PCIE card for NVME drives. So you get all the extras of the Asus board, but you have to use two PCIE slots for it. In my case that wasn't an issue.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by FQs19 View Post
    I bought two backup motherboards, the Gigabyte TRX40 Designare and the MSI AMD Pro Series TRX40 Pro10g. I got them both off of eBay.
    The MSI AMD Pro Series TRX40 has been fantastic so far. They both come with 10gBe internet and a PCIE card for NVME drives. So you get all the extras of the Asus board, but you have to use two PCIE slots for it. In my case that wasn't an issue.
    Thanks for sharing! I'll probably gonna have to do the same just to be able to make sure I'll be able to run this CPU for a long time.

I know there is a lot more features on ZE2, but have you experience the same result in term of CPU and RAM speed with other motherboard vs ZE2?

Thanks

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by micboule View Post
    Thanks for sharing! I'll probably gonna have to do the same just to be able to make sure I'll be able to run this CPU for a long time.

I know there is a lot more features on ZE2, but have you experience the same result in term of CPU and RAM speed with other motherboard vs ZE2?

Thanks
    The CPU and RAM speeds are the same in unRAID using the MSI motherboard. Motherboards won't affect the CPU and RAM speeds. Only changing the Bios configuration will change the CPU and RAM speeds.
    I don't use this system for Windows OS.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2