cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't install Windows 11 on Asus B560 TUF

omul_maimutza
Level 7
Greetz.
Can you help me install Windows 11 on an Asus B560 TUF motherboard?
I activated TMP 2.0 in bios , checked the secured bot settings, but i am not sure what i am missing.
Got Windows 11 from microsoft and used the media creation tool to put it on a stick.
I don't understand why isn't it working, i have the requierments to run it.
This is my PC: https://valid.x86.fr/0qbars
13 REPLIES 13

Erwin05
Level 10

cekeu
Level 12
Hello, maybe by activating Secure Boot in the motherboard bios in the Boot tab.

This will seem counter intuitive, but one way to get it to pass the windows 11 test, is to set the bios as follows:

Under Boot\Secure Mode
OS Type: Other OS
Secure Boot Mode: Custom

I say this because mine passes the test with those default settings. My board is the Asus Prime B560M-A AC. I have not installed Win 11 though. If you are going to set it up differently than that then you would need to enter a security key (set it up for bitlocker) somewhere I think. But I have not gone through those steps. Windows says I am ready to install win 11 with the settings above.

The BIOS should be UEFI, the boot drive should be using GPT, not MBR, if there is a CSM setting in the BIOS, it should be disabled (compatibility mode)

Gus.Ghanem wrote:
The BIOS should be UEFI, the boot drive should be using GPT, not MBR, if there is a CSM setting in the BIOS, it should be disabled (compatibility mode)

Yes, but looking at his test report I think he meets those requirements. UEFI and CSM off are the defaults for his board so unless he changed it. No mention that his disk partition needs to be converted, I think its already GPT or the setup changes it on the fly.

I think he changed the settings under secure boot and thats the problem.

I should clarify something. His Bios and mine are the same. Asus issued the same chipset 500 Bios manual for his board. The way to get windows 11 to install is bios defaults *except for TPM might need to be turned on, mine is that way. Looks like his is already turned on.

I tested my theory about secure boot settings and passing the windows 11 PC Health Check, I turned on secure boot settings just like shown in the original post of this thread and mine passes the PC Health Check (windows 11 test). And Windows system information shows Secure boot on. So I don't know what the problem is then. Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

Nate152
As Jimbo93 says, all you should need to do is disable CSM and set OS Type to "Other Os".

This allowed windows 11 to install on my older Maximus IX Code (Z270).

omul_maimutza
Level 7
CSM was the problem, i was able to create a GPT partition and managed to easily install Win 11.
I hope it helps someone else, also disable CSM for faster boot time.

Nate152