cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have this pre-built system with some kind of aura extension card

Jimbo93
Level 12
I have this pre-built system with some kind of extension card that must control fan lights, both cpu and front case fans. These fan lights have a rotating rainbow like color pattern. I assume there is some way to change the light pattern but there is no device in armoury crate to change. I guess I need to crack it open or call the builder.

There is an AURA LED controller I see in device manager, that must be it, or could that be a built-in device on the motherboard? I am thinking some other software can change the light pattern.
Hardware id is USB\VID_0B05&PID_19AF&MI_00.
4 REPLIES 4

Jimbo93
Level 12
The cpu fan is a thermaltake. Maybe I need Thermaltake software for that. Not sure about the brand of the case fans

Making some progress.

My case, the TUF Gaming GT301, came with that LED controller extension card. I can change the case fan light pattern manually with a button next to the power on/off. And I can depress the button for 5 seconds and enable motherboard mode which allows Armoury Crate to control them through the Addressable LED connections. Still need to get the Thermaltake fan to work with AC. Should be possible I think.

Jimbo93 wrote:
Still need to get the Thermaltake fan to work with AC. Should be possible I think.

this fan would need to have an LED cable attached to a motherboard RGB header for software control.

if it is a Thermaltake proprietary device then it will have it's own built-in controller in the form of an attached controller with buttons.
if this is the case it can possibly also have a separate cable leading out from the controller for motherboard control.

it's also possible that this is not a RGB fan and only has auto patterns or a solid color.
check the fan model and see what it's specs are.
ASUS ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming | i7-11700K \ ASUS ROG Ryujin 360 | G.Skill TridentZ 3466 CL14 32GB | ASUS TUF RTX 3080 Ti | M2: 960GB \ SSDs: 5TB \ HDs: 16TB | Super Flower Leadex III 850w | Fractal Design Vector RS Blackout \ 5x be quiet! Silent Wings 3 140mm High-Speed PWM | Logitech G600 | Corsair K70 LUX RGB | Xbox One S Gamepad | Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 | Anker Soundcore Life Q20 | 34" Alienware AW3420DW \ 55" LG CX OLED | Windows 10 Pro x64

GObonzo wrote:
this fan would need to have an LED cable attached to a motherboard RGB header for software control.

if it is a Thermaltake proprietary device then it will have it's own built-in controller in the form of an attached controller with buttons.
if this is the case it can possibly also have a separate cable leading out from the controller for motherboard control.

it's also possible that this is not a RGB fan and only has auto patterns or a solid color.
check the fan model and see what it's specs are.

it is asus argb compatible, just wasnt hooked up to header. Working now. Thanks for reply.