cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Strix GL12CX basic lighting not working (Please help)

dominicana3809
Level 7
Hello, I currently have a problem and hope someone may help me. None of the basic lighting effect for the system (GL12CX) work but on aura sync the Aura lighting effect work. I tried everything from reinstalling windows, resetting Bios, uninstalling and reinstalling Armoury Crate and nothing. I click on any one of the effects and it won't work. I did take a screen shot of Armoury Crate device and component and notice that I maybe missing some components that it's not installing for some reason. For my mouse and keyboard, I have Device kit, Aura kit, HAL, HTML, Device SDK, Device Firmware, but for my GL12CX I only have Device kit, Aura kit and HAL. It's been like this for a few months and hope somebody may have a solution. Maybe send me the missing components or drivers, not sure what else to look for.

Emilson
Thank you.

4 REPLIES 4

Jimbo93
Level 12
If its not detecting something, and assuming the device is supported and enabled in bios, then I think its a driver problem. I recommend running the asus driver detection/installation program that came with the system. Should be on a dvd. If not that, then reinstall all the chipset related driver packages from the support site. You should be able to just uninstall and reinstall armoury crate after that. If still no go scan through the thread I posted about uninstalling and tips on possible fixes before reinstalling.

I did try all that and reinstalled OEM drivers. All drivers are installed and updated. I think its related to ASUS Armoury Crate not downloading the require drivers for my system. It seems that it's missing some configuration files. The only thing I have left in mind is maybe the bios chip might be bad or something.

dominicana3809 wrote:
I did try all that and reinstalled OEM drivers. All drivers are installed and updated. I think its related to ASUS Armoury Crate not downloading the require drivers for my system. It seems that it's missing some configuration files. The only thing I have left in mind is maybe the bios chip might be bad or something.

Right, it doesn't download stuff that wasn't detected. I put every scrap of my experience in here and there are additional tidbits in other posts to the thread. Maybe you have already read the whole thing. If not it might be worth your time. https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?126019-Jimbo%92s-uninstall-procedure-for-a-problem-free-re....

If you think it might be hardware related than do some thorough hardware diags/maintenance. but more than likely its just another failed Armoury crate install. Besides drivers the other thing that I see happening with AC installs, is that other software installed before AC might have an effect. So the order of installation can be important. There is a second thread I authored might be worth a look. In that one, I do a fresh install of windows. I titled it something like, the automatic prompt is the main problem. Good luck.

Thank you I appreciate it.