cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem running 2 GPU'S Maximus Formula z390

crowndroyal
Level 7
My issue is when both cards are plugged in my screen goes black ( never used to be like this ) both cards work perfectly fine when plugged in individually and in all slots.
They even mine perfectly fine and stress test fine, not much degradation from when I 1st had the cards.

Been mining for awhile over a year maybe almost 2 never had this issue until recently.

I can't figure out why it's doing this now with both cards in.
They have never been over 65 degrees in the hottest spot.

I9 9900k ( not overclocked anymore )
Asus Maximus formula
32GB Gskill Royal Golds ram 3000mhz the ram defaults to 2400 or 2800 around that from what I remember when 1st building the PC

Sapphire RX 580 8gb
was set to 2000 mhz memory 1150 1200 core 950 to 900 voltage on both core and memory mining bios installed
Sapphire RX 570 4gb
Set at 1950 memory 1150 1200 core and 900 to 950 voltage
No mining bios installed
EKWB 360 AIO basic ( with EKWB fans )
6 corsair ll120 rgb fans
2 8TB HDD'S
1 2TB Samsung SSD
Corsair RM850X

other system specs

windows 10 pro Ver: 2004
OS Build 19041.1348
Windows pack 120.2212.3920.0
mobo bios ver: 1302
armoury crate version: 4.2.12.0

CPUZ txt file report https://ufile.io/3ovfpyd6

Sapphire 570 GPU Z report will get the 580 later
http://gpuz.techpowerup.com/21/12/01/n3s.png

Let me know if anything else is needed ill see if I can export BIOS settings as well
16 REPLIES 16

STARRAIN_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hi crowndroyal,
Which slot do you install in one graphics card only and it is working fine?
Do you mean you have tried both of them on PCIEX16_1, PCIEX16_2, PCIEX16_3, and each of them are working fine?
Do you enable crossfire or openGL?
If you install two graphics card meanwhile, is it black screen at first or after booting windows or after running apps for a while?
Have you restored bios to all default settings but it is still black screen?
If yes, please also update to the latest bios version 2004.
Thank you.

STARRAIN@ROG wrote:
Hi crowndroyal,
Which slot do you install in one graphics card only and it is working fine?
Do you mean you have tried both of them on PCIEX16_1, PCIEX16_2, PCIEX16_3, and each of them are working fine?
If you install two graphics card meanwhile, is it black screen at first or after booting windows or after running apps for a while?
Have you restored bios to all default settings but it is still black screen?
If yes, please also update to the latest bios version 2004.
Thank you.

Hello,
Thanks for the response. I try the cards individually in PCIEX16_1 and PCIEX16_3 Have not tried PCIEX16_2 yes they work 100% fine when its just 1 card in the system.

Depends on where, in the BIOS ? NO as I can not even see anything on the screen as it just stays black.
Have not tried restoring to default yet I will try that later today.
The cards go into corssfire automatically through the AMD driver unless I turn it off. ( which seems to work better when mining when off )

The black screen is first, I get no beep so I am assuming its loading into windows just fine its just that I can not see anything cause screen is black

BigJohnny wrote:
Using any M2 devices?
your CPU supports 16 lanes. 2 GPUs at X8 and you are done. I ran two 1080 Tis on the same board with a 7700K but nothing else using the lanes and they had to be set to X8.

No no M.2 is being used. ALL storage is sata connected.
How do I export my bios settings for everyone to see that.

BigJohnny
Level 13
Using any M2 devices?
your CPU supports 16 lanes. 2 GPUs at X8 and you are done. I ran two 1080 Tis on the same board with a 7700K but nothing else using the lanes and they had to be set to X8.

STARRAIN_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hi crowndroyal,
Did you install both graphics card in PCIEX16_1 and PCIEX16_3, so you haven't tried PCIEX16_2?
Please also try PCIEX16_1 and PCIEX16_2.
If it is still black screen, please restore bios to all default settings and update to the latest bios version 2004.
Do you have other graphics card?
Thank you.

STARRAIN@ROG wrote:
Hi crowndroyal,
Did you install both graphics card in PCIEX16_1 and PCIEX16_3, so you haven't tried PCIEX16_2?
Please also try PCIEX16_1 and PCIEX16_2.
If it is still black screen, please restore bios to all default settings and update to the latest bios version 2004.
Do you have other graphics card?
Thank you.

Not sure how I install on slot 1 and 2 when slot 2 is hidden when card is installed into slot 1

No other GPU just the 2 the 580 and 570

So I plugged the monitor into the card in slot one and got to windows but noticed that there was a 7F code on the motherboard .

I may have to buy a Cable to try slot 2 and see if I get that code I am going to try updating the bios first though.

EDIT:
Bios update did not make the code go away, so buying a cable to see if putting cards into slot 1 and 2 will make it disappear.

crowndroyal
Level 7
So with the MOBO updated and MOBO settings reset to default all of my corsair fans are messed up and Icue does not want to seem to control the fans properly. My ram is also running at 2100 instead of 3000

STARRAIN_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hi crowndroyal,
Is the screen still black with bios all default settings on bios version 2004?
Please reinstall Icue for your fans.
May I have the specific model name of the ram such as F4-3000C16Q-32GTRG?
Thank you.

STARRAIN@ROG wrote:
Hi crowndroyal,
Is the screen still black with bios all default settings on bios version 2004?
Please reinstall Icue for your fans.
May I have the specific model name of the ram such as F4-3000C16Q-32GTRG?
Thank you.

No the screen is no longer black on start up. ( I did however change the monitor connection into the card in Slot 1) I do however have a 7F code when the PC is loading the MOBO splash screen.

The Ram code is (F4-3000C16Q-32GTRG) just like you mentioned.

I also found THIS forum post about enabling 4G as I do get driver time-out issues once in awhile, that thread talks about several of my issues.

STARRAIN_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hi crowndroyal,
If the display is normal while connecting to the card in slot 1, but you get a 7F code, and while connecting to the other card is still black screen, please send your graphics cards for RMA.
Thank you.