cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

refresh rate screen glitch

Puchiko
Level 7
Whenever I switch my refresh rate to 120 hz the screen glitches. I usually have it in 48 hz so I didn't notice until recently. At first there would just be a black bar on the bottom of the screen but now the whole screen is just black. I've had no issues in 48 hz so I have no idea what the problem is. Any help is appreciated.

I use a Rog Strix GL531g
6 REPLIES 6

STARRAIN_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hi Puchiko,
Is the model name GL531GT? May I have the serial number via PM and a photo or video about the screen?
If the screen is all black now, can you connect to an external monitor to see if the display is normal on the external monitor?
If you are able to switch the refresh rate back to 48hz and check the information, may I have the following information?
- the bios version
- Intel Graphics Driver and NVIDIA Graphic Driver versions
- Is it win10 or win11? Have you run windows update?
Thank you.

Hi,

I have the same problem. On 120 hz, bottom of the screen( near taskbar) has black lines{ss_1}. On 48hz has not any problem{ss_2}. Firstly, i thougt this was a software issue. I tried almost everything(install/unistall old/new driver, install/uninstall PnP Monitor, etc) but no luck.

- Model Name: ROG Strix GU531_GU531
- BIOS version: 311
- Intel Graphics 630: v26.20.100.6911 (for now)
- Nvidia 1660 Ti: v30.0.14.9729 (for now)
- Win 11 and still current update.

salihd wrote:
Hi,

I have the same problem. On 120 hz, bottom of the screen( near taskbar) has black lines{ss_1}. On 48hz has not any problem{ss_2}. Firstly, i thougt this was a software issue. I tried almost everything(install/unistall old/new driver, install/uninstall PnP Monitor, etc) but no luck.

- Model Name: ROG Strix GU531_GU531
- BIOS version: 311
- Intel Graphics 630: v26.20.100.6911 (for now)
- Nvidia 1660 Ti: v30.0.14.9729 (for now)
- Win 11 and still current update.

Hello Salihd,
May I know if you are playing games or watching video in full screen, does the bottom part of the screen flicker?
How about in safe mode and under BIOS?
Thank you.

Hi Blake,

Sorry for the late reply. Yes, it flickers both of the playing games and full screen videos situations.
It flickers too in safe mode and under BIOS, unfortunately.
Is this a hardware problem?

Blake@ROG wrote:
Hello Salihd,
May I know if you are playing games or watching video in full screen, does the bottom part of the screen flicker?
How about in safe mode and under BIOS?
Thank you.

salihd wrote:
Hi Blake,

Sorry for the late reply. Yes, it flickers both of the playing games and full screen videos situations.
It flickers too in safe mode and under BIOS, unfortunately.
Is this a hardware problem?

Hello salihd,
Yes, in this case, it is more likely to be hardware issue.
Please kindly send the laptop to our service center for further examination.
Sorry for the inconvenience caused.
Thank you.

Thank you Blake for helping .Honestly, i don't trust our local(TR) Asus Services. I don't know what to do next.
I figure it out somehow.

Blake@ROG wrote:
Hello salihd,
Yes, in this case, it is more likely to be hardware issue.
Please kindly send the laptop to our service center for further examination.
Sorry for the inconvenience caused.
Thank you.