cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help me with PG32UQ

Chynonyno
Level 7
I bought the Asus PG32UQ yesterday and honestly I am somewhat disappointed.

I have it connected by DisplayPort 1.4.

What I do not know is that if it is the fault of the monitor, my GPU (1080ti) or Windows 10 itself ...

The monitor's 144-155Hz OC does not work at all, when I turn it on it only allows me to activate the 60HZ option.

Other than that, the texts on this monitor look strange, not clear, and in Career Mode, no matter how much you calibrate it, the colors (especially red) look very saturated.
* * PD: I come from a PG348Q and all this did not happen before.

EDIT: (SOLVED)

*Clarify that I have already seen that my PG32UQ unit works perfectly. A friend of mine came to my house with an AMD6900XT and I could see that the monitor worked perfectly at 4k 155hz 4.4.4. Not a single blink and everything very fluid and stable.

The problems that I have had have been because of my GPU (1080ti) since it does not support the resolution and the 144hz of the monitor, it could be said that it makes it a bottleneck. The only thing I have not been able to do is update the firmware of the monitor, currently it has V0.15, and I cannot update to version V0.25. Although I sincerely It is scary to update since the monitor works perfect for me.
10 REPLIES 10

Ecmslee
Level 9
Check and see if you need to update the DisplayPort firmware on your GPU:
https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/drivers/nv-uefi-update-x64/

The PG32UQ is a wide gamut display and while the colors are fairly accurate with the default settings they will be oversaturated in non-colormanaged applications. Change the display to sRGB mode to bring the saturation back to sRGB gamut. I also own a PG348Q which is currently sitting side by side with my PG32UQ. Both monitors are calibrated and profiled and they look very similar to each other once that is done.

Ecmslee wrote:

The PG32UQ is a wide gamut display and while the colors are fairly accurate with the default settings they will be oversaturated in non-colormanaged applications. Change the display to sRGB mode to bring the saturation back to sRGB gamut. I also own a PG348Q which is currently sitting side by side with my PG32UQ. Both monitors are calibrated and profiled and they look very similar to each other once that is done.

I really appreciate your answer.

I have hardly noticed a difference, I still cannot activate the 144hz, they only work for me if I change the resolution to 2560x1440.

I am thinking that my unit is defective, but before returning it I want to make sure that it is not another reason.

Chynonyno wrote:

I have hardly noticed a difference, I still cannot activate the 144hz, they only work for me if I change the resolution to 2560x1440.

I am thinking that my unit is defective, but before returning it I want to make sure that it is not another reason.

Your gpu have DP 1.4, HDMI 2.0b that means it cant have 144hz and 4K

DP 1.4 absolutely supports 4K120Hz. It's what the current gen GPUs from both NVIDIA and AMD use and is how I have my PG32UQ connected with 4K155Hz enabled. You may be confusing it with DP 1.2 which only supports up to 4K60Hz.

Ecmslee wrote:
DP 1.4 absolutely supports 4K120Hz. It's what the current gen GPUs from both NVIDIA and AMD use and is how I have my PG32UQ connected with 4K155Hz enabled. You may be confusing it with DP 1.2 which only supports up to 4K60Hz.

Yeah i think you right.Sorry my bad 🙂

Chynonyno wrote:

Have you tried changing it to 60Hz, lowering all the other options like down to 8 bit, lowering other things on that list and pressing apply - restarting the computer and then seeing after if it lets you select 144Hz?

Monitor drivers installed?

Graphics driver updated?

It does seem like it might be a GPU driver issue, drivers designed around 1080Ti weren't designed for 4K monitors, so maybe try changing that to a previous one just to see if it is that. I would try ruling that, or anything driver related out before sending it back because if you try another monitor in future and have the same issue, you may not be able to ever find one of these!

Not sure if links are allowed but: https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/forums/geforce-graphics-cards/5/398630/4k120hz-not-working-with...

Could even be a dodgy cable...

zaheen wrote:
have you tried changing it to 60hz, lowering all the other options like down to 8 bit, lowering other things on that list and pressing apply - restarting the computer and then seeing after if it lets you select 144hz?

Monitor drivers installed?

Graphics driver updated?

It does seem like it might be a gpu driver issue, drivers designed around 1080ti weren't designed for 4k monitors, so maybe try changing that to a previous one just to see if it is that. I would try ruling that, or anything driver related out before sending it back because if you try another monitor in future and have the same issue, you may not be able to ever find one of these!

Not sure if links are allowed but: https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/forums/geforce-graphics-cards/5/398630/4k120hz-not-working-with...

could even be a dodgy cable...

edit postâ*

Ecmslee wrote:

Hi,

I recently got a PG329Q and trying to calibrate it using i1Display Pro Plus and DisplayCAL. Couldn't seem to find a CCSS file for this model though so tried to use the inbuilt Samsung Q9 tv Quantum Dot CCSS and a PG32UQ user made CCSS as it seems like both PG329Q and PG32UQ have identical colour gamut.

Issue I'm having is raised dark grays compared to the default ICM profile from ASUS website (using tone curve Gamma 2.2. If I change tone curve to Gamma 2.4, it makes everything darker (as opposed to the ASUS profile which seems to affect the dark grays only, resulting in a more contrasting and image which looks better).

How did you calibrate yours?
i7 3970x 4.0ghz
NZXT Kraken X61 with 2x Noctua industrial A14 2000rpm fans
Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR3 1866mhz 8gbx4
Corsair AX1200
Asus Rampage IV Extreme
Asus Xonar Essence STX
EVGA 2x GTX980 SLI
Intel 520 Series SSD 480gb
WD Caviar Black 2TB
Asus 24x DVDRW
NZXT Phantom 820

kingsaadi wrote:
Hi,

I recently got a PG329Q and trying to calibrate it using i1Display Pro Plus and DisplayCAL. Couldn't seem to find a CCSS file for this model though so tried to use the inbuilt Samsung Q9 tv Quantum Dot CCSS and a PG32UQ user made CCSS as it seems like both PG329Q and PG32UQ have identical colour gamut.

Issue I'm having is raised dark grays compared to the default ICM profile from ASUS website (using tone curve Gamma 2.2. If I change tone curve to Gamma 2.4, it makes everything darker (as opposed to the ASUS profile which seems to affect the dark grays only, resulting in a more contrasting and image which looks better).

How did you calibrate yours?

What exactly is CCS? How does it apply? Now you have left me wondering.