cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Today's Armoury Crate tip

Jimbo93
Level 12
Are Armoury Crate services crashing on your system or does Armoury Crate load pages slowly? Todays tip might help you

Before proceeding, consider performing with no overclocking.

Go to Windows Settings->Apps->Armoury Crate ->Advanced Options.
Terminate (should shut down ArmourySocketServer.exe.)
Repair
Reset
Logoff
Reboot
Login and allow a few minutes for startups to settle. Test Armoury Crate now.
9 REPLIES 9

Jimbo93
Level 12
Im going to add one more suggestion. Unsyncing devices before doing the reset might also be helpful. Resetting the program will remove your settings. You might be able to back them on the AC User Center page and restore afterwards.

Maybe the best tip I have.

I think this solved the crashing services issue at least on my system. And in my mind crashing services could be the cause of lots of different issues. So this is for you if you have ArmourySocketServer crashes or really any of the AC services crashing. The solution should work on newer hardware with fast ssd.

It is to turn off windows prefetching. Combine it with the first tip above (resetting AC).

This article has the instructions and an explantion, from an old time computer guy. https://davescomputertips.com/windows-10-quick-tips-prefetch-superfetch-ssd/

DONT install this bugfestival at all

aytac44 wrote:
DONT install this bugfestival at all

Maybe start your own thread? This one is obviously not meant for people who don't need the info.

Armoury Crate runs so much better with prefetch turned off (see the post 3 above). No armourysocketserver program crashes. Before, it happened every boot. I highly recommend folks try disabling prefetch.

My system just hit its groove. That is when windows runs better than you expected.

I use AI Suite 3, Armoury Crate and GPU Tweak 2. Everything is working and fast.

BigJohnny
Level 13
Thought I was gonna see the best advice......Don't install it!!

BigJohnny wrote:
Thought I was gonna see the best advice......Don't install it!!

I'll have to post another update in a few days, but I think the problems are all licked.

Jimbo93 wrote:
I'll have to post another update in a few days, but I think the problems are all licked.

Dont worry, that will change and as soon as you think you have selective limited resources working an update will kill it.

PS
Ive tried every single release starting with Auras first, they are all lacking in development.