cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone Installed Windows 11 on unsupported CPU's, G752's ?

mintys1
Level 7
Anyone done a clean install or upgrade of WINDOWS 11 on there G752's.....
I know there are workarounds to do this, just wondering if any people have done it yet and what there views are.
What do you think upgrade or clean install?
Should the Asus install media still work for the drivers and software etc..
Thanks...
G750 -JHA -32GB -256GB SSD -512GB SAMSUNG 840 PRO SSD
Windows 8.1...Home Ed.
Latest Kit..Sep 2016
G752-VY-32GB- 2 X 256GB SSD'S + 512GB SAMSUNG 840 PRO Windows 10 Home Edition.
4 REPLIES 4

Executioner55
Level 7
Download the windows 11 ISO from Microsoft. Then follow these instructions:

Double Click on the ISO file to mount it with a drive letter.
Create a new folder on the desktop - name does not matter.
Copy ALL the files to that new folder on the desktop.

Unmount the ISO by right clicking on the drive letter and choose eject.
Open the new folder that contains the Win11 files.

To overcome the error message about not meeting requirements and to bypass
the hardware check, we need to delete a single file: appraiserres.dll. This is found in the \sources folder.

If that does not work, then you can download "Rufus" which has an option to remove the requirements when you burn it to a USB flash drive. It worked for me on a 7 year old Dell laptop.

__beg
Level 7
mintys1 wrote:
Anyone done a clean install or upgrade of WINDOWS 11 on there G752's.....
I know there are workarounds to do this, just wondering if any people have done it yet and what there views are.
What do you think upgrade or clean install?
Should the Asus install media still work for the drivers and software etc..
Thanks...

I did a clean install on my G752VM and there is no error messages or anything. No special actions are required. Installation is as normal as Win 10.
I did it from the day one that Win11 was released. First version of the OS had some issues and occasional BSOD - maybe once in 5 days, but since first OS updates, no more issues whatsoever. I also did 22H2 version upon it's release and so far, it works flawlessly.

\'beg wrote:
I did a clean install on my G752VM and there is no error messages or anything. No special actions are required. Installation is as normal as Win 10.
I did it from the day one that Win11 was released. First version of the OS had some issues and occasional BSOD - maybe once in 5 days, but since first OS updates, no more issues whatsoever. I also did 22H2 version upon it's release and so far, it works flawlessly.

I also did a clean install on my G752VS from iso/flash drive with no issues, went back to windows 10 due to performance issues with BF-V after a a few months.

bazzarooney wrote:
I also did a clean install on my G752VS from iso/flash drive with no issues, went back to windows 10 due to performance issues with BF-V after a a few months.

As I said, initial release had problems, I even had BSOD on it. But since first driver updates and specially now with 22H2 version, I have no issues whatsoever.