cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Swift PG32UQ update FW

UltimateGohanSS
Level 8
Hello.Is it safe to update FW with DP port or i have to with HDMI 2 port?(in Manuel says i need HDMI 2 and usb3 uplink)Thank you
19 REPLIES 19

Ecmslee
Level 9
The safest way to update would be to follow the instructions exactly. You're welcome to try it with DP anyway but for a $1000 USD piece of equipment that's not a risk that I'd personally be willing to take.

UltimateGohanSS
Level 8
instructions are confused because they says if is written Please connect computer /NB to USB3.0 uplink port +HDMI then picture of that and if you did that it says in program connect success..Confusion part is that it says that for DP too(connect success)is not 1000 usd is 1400 😄 thank you for your time and answer 🙂

UltimateGohanSS wrote:
instructions are confused because they says if is written Please connect computer /NB to USB3.0 uplink port +HDMI then picture of that and if you did that it says in program connect success..Confusion part is that it says that for DP too(connect success)is not 1000 usd is 1400 😄 thank you for your time and answer 🙂

What FW are you going to put it? On the web I don't see any where to update.

By the way, do you not notice the RED color of your monitor too saturated or is it just my unit?

Chynonyno wrote:
What FW are you going to put it? On the web I don't see any where to update.

By the way, do you not notice the RED color of your monitor too saturated or is it just my unit?

FW 024 but is not anymore on the website

Yeah i notice it is for me too.Saturation on this monitor is not very good

UltimateGohanSS wrote:
FW 024 but is not anymore on the website

Yeah i notice it is for me too.Saturation on this monitor is not very good

Firmware seems to be back online since yesterday. Have you upgraded?

superrocko wrote:
Firmware seems to be back online since yesterday. Have you upgraded?

I did but not yesterday.I upgraded with "old" 024 dont know is it the same like "new"one?

UltimateGohanSS wrote:
I did but not yesterday.I upgraded with "old" 024 dont know is it the same like "new"one?

It's the same. You recognize Local Dimming problems?
Local Dimming with HDR and v024 don't work correctly with mine. It is more or less permanentely off.
Tested on Resident Evil Village and Shadow of the Tomb Raider

superrocko wrote:
It's the same. You recognize Local Dimming problems?
Local Dimming with HDR and v024 don't work correctly with mine. It is more or less permanentely off.
Tested on Resident Evil Village and Shadow of the Tomb Raider

I dont know if i have Local Dimming problems because i don use Local Dimming.but i think LD is broken in this FW update

It's confirmed now, that Local Dimming is broken with v024.
Solution: Rollback to v023. I will do this tomorow, support want to send me the v023 firmware.