cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Z690 Hero Audio problems

Skiwa
Level 7
Just built my new rig and I'm loving it! But I'm experiencing occasional audio cuts. When playing music (spotify or youtube) the audio just stops for a split second at random intervals, sometimes it happens multiple times during a song and sometimes it doesn't happen for multiple minutes. Is anyone else experiencing the same? I'm currently on the 6.3.9600.2297 Audio driver and Windows 11.

Edit: Forgot to mention this only happens with my Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pros which are connected to the rear Line out (green connector), so far this hasn't happened when using earpods which are connected to my monitor's headphone out jack.
3 REPLIES 3

13oots2
Level 7
Looking online I see different resistance for the DT 770 Pro, if yours are 250 Ohm it may be asking too much for onboard audio to cope with.

13oots2 wrote:
Looking online I see different resistance for the DT 770 Pro, if yours are 250 Ohm it may be asking too much for onboard audio to cope with.

Thank you for your response, I'm using the 80 Ohms version. I've had no issues driving these headphones on my old Strix Z390-F Gaming running Windows 10. Looks like it might be a Windows 11 and/or driver issue.

Skiwa
Level 7
Looks like my issue has been solved by updating my BIOS to the latest version (0803). I was holding off to updating because of multiple reports of XMP instability but so far I'm good.