cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I screwed up and short circuited my GX701GX laptop, who can repair this?

BulletGenius
Level 7
Hello, I just got done sobbing over my GX701GX that I was re-pasting and short circuited as I was putting it back together.*
I completed everything and was putting in my ribbon cables, then my battery cable... noticing my trackpad ribbon cable wasn’t put in yet I pressed it into the ribbon terminal for a split second it burned my fingers and I pulled it back out. It smoked a bit and I have no idea how extensive the damage is but I’m hopeful it’s minimal with it being so quick. I disconnected the battery and promptly contemplated all of my life’s choices. Almost shedding the first tear in a year and a half. Now that my day is ruined I’m wondering what places could repair somthing like this. Any and all comments are appreciated but if you decide to ridicule me for my horrible judgment just realize I’m already going to be crying myself to sleep tonight in the fetal position.*
Thank you,
Bullet*
1 REPLY 1

BigJohnny
Level 13
You may be able to get it repaired but unfortunately they wont go to component trouble shooting and replace them. They will replace the whole board and by the time you are done you bought a new laptop. I think you have to chalk this one up to lesson learned.

I see them on fleabay and recertified on New Egg for around $1800.