New ROGer Array

GX701GX Over heating, l replaced the thermal paste.Now I need repair recommendations

The laptop was over heating so badly it would crash the game within a minute and was at 95-100 cpu in menu, with switching out the thermal paste on my mind I got to work. After making sure everything was screwed back in I was attaching the ribbon cables, thought I was done and attached the battery. One last looksie and I noticed my trackpad ribbon cable wasn’t plugged in. Okay I’ll just put that in... and outch, it burned me... crap. The ribon melted and a little dot on the motherboard ghosted (white stuff around it) and the socket has a blackened contact. I know someone with a particular set of skills could replace this without me giving to asus for an arm and a leg. So if anyone has any recommendations I am glad to hear it. Thanks*

Super Moderator Array

Sorry to hear that didn't go better. Not sure how easy it will be to find someone who can repair motherboards if it is required, but this section is more for customers who are having issues with ASUS RMAs/repairs, so if you have any interest in sending the notebook back to ASUS for repair and are having any problems to arrange it, feel free to let us know.
    From your post it sounds like you were hoping to solve it another way though, but just wanted to make sure. Thanks.
    Last edited by cl-Albert@ROG; 12-09-2021 at 04:43 PM. Reason: mention ASUS repair

TeamROG Moderator Array xeromist PC Specs
    xeromist PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Intel NUC laptop LAPQC71D
    MotherboardROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero
    ProcessorAMD 5800X
    Memory (part number)32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V 3600
    Graphics Card #1ROG Strix RTX3090Ti
    Sound CardSound Blaster Z
    MonitorAORUS FV43U
    Storage #1Samsung 970 Pro 512GB
    CPU CoolerCustom loop
    CaseBeQuiet Dark Base Pro 900 V2
    Power SupplyCorsair HX1000
    Keyboard ROG Strix Flare II Animate
    Mouse ROG Chakram X
    Headset Steelseries Arctis Pro Wireless
    Mouse Pad ROG Scabbard
    Headset/Speakers Logitech z906 5.1
    Network RouterpfSense/OPNsense

Moved to appropriate section.
    * Support disease research with Folding@Home *

< < < Click the drop-down above my avatar for my PC specs!