cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ordered GPU....but received only cooler!

AndedduX
Level 7
Moin moin people,

why I do this here, I am currently also not quite clear. Maybe I'm looking for good advice or just help...because I'm on the verge of despair!!!

Well as the headline says, I bought a video card but only received the cooler.

But I want to start from the beginning! As everyone knows the current situation is really bad, I have long watched the market and also hoped something that the prices might fall a little. But they have not and before the cards are now even more expensive me decided to finally buy my new card. A quick look at Geizhals and behold, the Asus RTX 3080 Ti Strix OC is available at a good short at DiTech.at. Even currently still the cheapest provider.

On 26.11. I then placed the order via prepayment at DiTech. On 29.11. the card was even already shipped and on 02.12. the card has even arrived at my home. Since I am on the road a lot for work, I am usually only at home on weekends. So I opened the package only Saturday morning. The card was packed in a shipping box and inside it again in a brown box with 3 ribbons. NONE of these tapes had been opened yet, even the Asus tape on the top and bottom was still sealed originally. When I opened all of this the correct box finally came to light, but there I noticed a few things very quickly.

The left flap was already torn open a bit at the top and bottom. The small piece of glue on the left side was already open and on the right side the cardboard was torn open at the bottom.
I opened this box took the card out.....and there was no card inside...just the cooler!

I first fell out of all clouds, because I absolutely could not understand. The brown box was completely sealed...how can that be! Tried to contact DiTech directly, but they are probably not available on Saturdays.

Now I stand like a complete moron...2200€ for a cooler...no card!!!

Guys I need your help, I do not know what to do! I put pictures in the attachment for you guys.

I have already written 2 mails DiTech and they will check it. But it is not looking good for me.

I will also write to Asus Germany and Global in parallel, I don't know if that will do anything, but I don't know what else to do.

Has anyone had something like this? What can I do about it?

Thanks for your help Mathieu
3 REPLIES 3

STARRAIN_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hi AndedduX,
I'm sorry to hear that.
However, because you bought it recently and just found the cooler in unboxing, please consult the dealer for help.
Thank you.

Thank you very much I will do that!

BigJohnny
Level 13
Sounds like someone bought the card, put a waterblock on it and returned the cooler and the place you bought it from didnt check it and sold you an open box with no card in it.