cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows 11 Core isolation and AsIO.sys:

revealed
Level 9
Hello,

i upgraded to Windows 11 and now at a later point wanted to activate the windows core isolation.
Windows does those driver checks and it told me about there bein no incompatibilities at first and asked me to reboot.

After reboot a window popped up naming specificly the "AsIO.sys" as bein deactivated.

I looked it up and it said that this file somehow belongs to asus. So i would assume it belongs to any of the software or driver that is required for my motherboard.
The file is stored in:

C:\Windows\SysWOW64\drivers

Interestingly when reviewing the properties of this file it does not wear any version information. The only thing that i see there is the date of its last change.
26.12.2017 - 17:58.
Digital Signature is:
ASUSTeK Computer Inc. sha1 Wed 22. of August 2012 10:56:16

I must say tho, that my computer is not even that old!

So what i did for now is i moved it to a save place, to have it handy for the case that i need to place it back. I got rid of the message on boot.

My problem:
I don't know what this belongs to and if its required at all.
I have these installed and only tested them quickly if they open for my z390-F:

- I tried running the latest armory crate -> Seems to work ok.
- I tried running the AI suite that is downloadable for my Z-390 F -> Seems to work ok
- Sonic Studio III always launches with "Sonic Studio Effects" - disabled every boot. But these can be activated. Else seems to work ok, besides loosing the logon credentials for the cloud Webstorage always.
- ASUS GPU Tweak for my RTX3090 seems to work normally.

So, dear helper! What is this AsIO.sys file??? Safe to delete? Which program should fail from removing that?

Thank you!
13 REPLIES 13

revealed
Level 9
Noone a clue if this file is from a dated version of ASUS software or something??

cekeu
Level 12
Maybe you can update the Audio Driver? It seems to be the ASUS Audio in/out driver system driver file.
I found this here https://www.computerhope.com/cgi-bin/process.pl?p=asio.sys

BigJohnny
Level 13
Using AI Suite?
Thats the only time Ive seen that error in Win10 some time ago. I dont use the software but it is part of some ASUS software installed.
Acronym for Asus Input Output Drive

revealed
Level 9
Oh wow two replys 🙂

I start with BigJohnny:
Hey yea this is a upgraded installation so yes i have AI Suite installed. So seomthing in the AI Suite would ve failed then i understand, since removing this file. You remember me in this, that my Ai Suite was broken in past after an update. And i had to clean it off my computer manually to get it install again. Did not receive updates for this thing since. Still running that Version 3.00.51. And i have all the autostart stuffs disabled. Purely sometimes firing it up to monitor certain sensors and fanspeeds. That is all. The update feature is broken since ever as you probably know.

Also i ran all upgrades towards Armoury Crate starting from its predecessor that got integrated or however you want to see it.

Cekeu i found a driver in this forum that indeed fixes that particular issue with the audio effects being disabled. Thank you for the hint.

Btw i turned that core isolation feature off again for the sakes that it seems to have some issues impacting performance noticeably after longer gaming sessions i expirienced microstutters that was instantly solved by disabling it.

Wish they d bring a updated AI Suite and aswell a updated Audio Driver for the z390-F Gaming soon.

Still would be curious where this super old file came from. As stated my computer is not even that old 🙂

Thank you!

Greetings,

PS.: My all over customer expirience about this motherboard is btw that the AUDIO driver is a big troublemaker that needs investigation over and over again. Should some ASUS rep read this. Please provide a more stable environment in terms to the audio drivers in future and this product. Its annoying actually that it breaks from windowsupdates etc. Other manufacturers can do this without issues. You aswell.

pyrotidus
Level 7
It appears to be a file used for the ASUS PC Probe. This program is only compatible with INTEL based motherboards. If youve got an AMD board... its safe to not use this file.

FUN FACT: Youve got some Microsoft files older than you. 🙂 These dates mean nothing really for the end user. Thats why theres the certification WHQL process being enforced now. It puts the pressure on the developer to maintain their programs and ensure comptatibility as Windows updates over time unlike in the past. You'd end up with broken systems because the developer decides not to update the driver.

revealed wrote:
Hello,

i upgraded to Windows 11 and now at a later point wanted to activate the windows core isolation.
Windows does those driver checks and it told me about there bein no incompatibilities at first and asked me to reboot.

After reboot a window popped up naming specificly the "AsIO.sys" as bein deactivated.

I looked it up and it said that this file somehow belongs to asus. So i would assume it belongs to any of the software or driver that is required for my motherboard.
The file is stored in:

C:\Windows\SysWOW64\drivers

Interestingly when reviewing the properties of this file it does not wear any version information. The only thing that i see there is the date of its last change.
26.12.2017 - 17:58.
Digital Signature is:
ASUSTeK Computer Inc. sha1 Wed 22. of August 2012 10:56:16

I must say tho, that my computer is not even that old!

So what i did for now is i moved it to a save place, to have it handy for the case that i need to place it back. I got rid of the message on boot.

My problem:
I don't know what this belongs to and if its required at all.
I have these installed and only tested them quickly if they open for my z390-F:

- I tried running the latest armory crate -> Seems to work ok.
- I tried running the AI suite that is downloadable for my Z-390 F -> Seems to work ok
- Sonic Studio III always launches with "Sonic Studio Effects" - disabled every boot. But these can be activated. Else seems to work ok, besides loosing the logon credentials for the cloud Webstorage always.
- ASUS GPU Tweak for my RTX3090 seems to work normally.

So, dear helper! What is this AsIO.sys file??? Safe to delete? Which program should fail from removing that?

Thank you!

Any news on how to get AI Suite to work without having to disable Windows' "Core Isolation memory integrity"?

Thanks

Zoide7777 wrote:
Any news on how to get AI Suite to work without having to disable Windows' "Core Isolation memory integrity"?

Thanks

I am also having this issue. Please let me know if you find a way to run the suite with core isolation on.

This is still a problem with Windows Core Isolation (Memory Integrity) and the file "AsIO.sys". I didn't have a problem using AI Suite in Windows 10 and it was fine with the Win 11 install I did approximately 6 months ago, and as of about a week ago this problem has starting occuring. Why is Defender having a problem with ancient Asus software? And why is Asus software such utter guff? The OLED readout on my Rampage VI Extreme has never worked properly from day one and AURA is savagely terrible. I've uninstalled AI Suite but AsIO.sys still remains giving me sleepless nights. This mobo cost almost £535, was the X299 flagship of that year, and yet the software is pernicious trash that has never worked right. I just looked at what they're charging for the equivalent Z690 board . . . £1,130.22 :rolleyes:

CarpeDiem44
Level 7

Salut, j'ai le même problème avec ce pilote AsIO.sys sur une carte mère Asus ROG Strix Z790 sous windows 11.

Je trouve inadmisible que même sur des cartes mères de dernière génération , ce pilote pose toujours autant de problème.

Asus, au prix ou vous vendez vos cartes mères , on serait en droit d'avoir des pilotes et Utilitaires irréprochables, voir même exeptionnels !!!

C'est loin d'être le cas !!!  Entre Armoury Crate et AIsuite III qui posent des problèmes lors de l'installation  (lorsqu'ils veulent bien s'installer)

et ce fameux pilote AsIO.sys  (et j'en passe..), je trouve ça honteux !!!

Je pense surieusement à aller voir chez la concurrence pour les futurs  PC que l'on me demandera de faire.

Asus, les consommateurs en ont marre de payer du matériel de plus en plus chère avec de moins en moins de qualité logiciel...