cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadlink Bluetooth Failed

GTMonster
Level 7
I have tried to update the Bluetooth USB Module in my Rampage V extreme with the latest Broadcom driver from this location

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?126800-DRIVERS-Broadcom-WiFi-Bluetooth

Broadcom Bluetooth Drivers (Drivers Only) :
Drivers : 12.0.1.1012 WHQL [29/03/2017]

When I manually select the driver (Have disk option) i get

'Broadcom Bluetooth 4.1 USB'

I click next and I get a dialogue box advising 'Update Driver Warning' Installing this device driver is not recommended because Windows
can not verify that it is compatible with your Hardware......

I selected yes...

Now instead of Bluetooth, I have an item in Device Manager labelled

'Unknown USB Device - Device Descriptor verification failed' (Or something similar)

The previous working driver version was - 12.0.1.1010

Please can anyone advise how I can repair this?

Thanks in advanced
4 REPLIES 4

Szaquak
Level 7
I confirm,
Already some time ago I installed the latest drivers for BT and also had problems with them.
I came back to the version 12.0.1.960
Do you say that version 12.0.1.1010 works well?

MoKiChU
Level 40
Hi,

This is fixed.

Follow this process :

- Launch Driver Store Explorer (Right click on "Rapr.exe" > Run as administrator) > Check the boxes of all versions of bcbtums.inf drivers
- Check the box "Force Deletion" then click on the "Delete Driver" button then restart your PC
- Install the latest Broadcom Bluetooth Drivers : [DRIVERS] Broadcom WiFi/Bluetooth

MoKiChU
Level 40
Hi,

This is fixed.

@ GTMonster : Follow this process :

- Launch Driver Store Explorer (Right click on "Rapr.exe" > Run as administrator) > Check the boxes of all versions of bcbtums.inf drivers (if you find them)
- Check the box "Force Deletion" then click on the "Delete Driver" button then restart your PC
- Install the latest Broadcom Bluetooth Drivers 12.0.1.1011 WHQL : [DRIVERS] Broadcom WiFi/Bluetooth

@ Szaquak : You can directly update to the last Broadcom Bluetooth Drivers 12.0.1.1011 WHQL : [DRIVERS] Broadcom WiFi/Bluetooth

MoKiChU
Level 40
Hi,

This is fixed.

Follow this process :

- Launch Driver Store Explorer (Right click on "Rapr.exe" > Run as administrator) > Check the boxes of all versions of drivers which .inf contains bcbtums word (if you find them) > Check the box "Force Deletion" then click on the "Delete Driver" button then restart your PC
- Install the latest Broadcom Bluetooth Drivers 12.0.1.1011 WHQL : [DRIVERS] Broadcom WiFi/Bluetooth