Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast
    Moderator Array

Hi dageek,
    I'll consult our tech team more about your case.
    If you have received a third identical NVMe SSD, please try it and share me the result.
    Thank you so much.

ROG Enthusiast Array

@Starrin@ROG

I was really 100 percent sure that all my issues where gone, but now suddenly over night here, it seems like I have started to get EVENT ID: 157 - Disk X has been surprise removed.

I only use 2 drives again like before, the WD SN850 and the Samsung WD 960 PRO. Both are NVMe drives and it has happened to both drives.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Skærmbillede 2022-01-16 110140.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	14.4 KB 
ID:	91758

All 3 events happened while I was not using the computer. I can't find anything there should have caused this.

Have you found a solution with dageek and your support team?

I just installed games again and doing that on my ADSL connection are honestly not a lot of fun and I'm not interested in swapping the board again, this is the second board and this board have no pend pins or nothing strange at all whatsoever.

Still no EVENT 17s.

Moderator Array

Hi Wrathier,
    Our tech team is testing our components at hand for the issue mentioned by dageek, and it may take few days.
    Do both of your SSD disappear in windows and bios when you get EVENT ID: 157? and you have to restart the pc to get them back?
    Does it also occur on bios 0811 with bios all default settings?
    Thank you.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by STARRAIN@ROG View Post
    Hi Wrathier,
    Our tech team is testing our components at hand for the issue mentioned by dageek, and it may take few days.
    Do both of your SSD disappear in windows and bios when you get EVENT ID: 157? and you have to restart the pc to get them back?
    Does it also occur on bios 0811 with bios all default settings?
    Thank you.
    No strangely enough none of my disks has been disappearing at all. So even that I got the errors the disks seems to have worked.

For some unknown reason - I can't figure out why at least - I was hit with 48.000+ Event 51 at 11:09:09. Still no crash of PC. I have been testing the drive with HD Tune Pro and run a few CHKDSK /R, but have not been able to replicate or produce anymore than the errors at 11:09. Super strange.

Name:	Skærmbillede 2022-01-17 155952.jpg 
Size:	234.3 KB 
ID:	91761

And again I spoke to soon - here are the WHEA 17 - Can't move data from my Samsung to my WD SN850 it seems. - No errors found on Samsung drive either using HD Tune Pro and CHKDSK /R.

Name:	Skærmbillede 2022-01-17 173210.jpg 
Size:	134.6 KB 
ID:	91762

My QBittorent program reports of I/O errors constantly in notification error by the way for the few LEGAL torrents I have downloaded.

A few hours later here I finally had time to game since I build the PC. Well that really messed things up. I'm back on 2 X 500GB mechanical drives until this is somehow sorted. I need to hear from you guys pretty soon or I will have to switch brand. Having 2 very very expensive NVMe drives not working and be forced to use old drives are frustrating I assume you can imagine.
    Last edited by Wrathier; 01-17-2022 at 09:49 PM.

Moderator Array

Hi Wrathier,
    I'm afraid I need some information for reproduce the issues.
    Did you get event 157 when running the specific apps in background?
    Did you get event 51 or whea 17 while copy around 5GB of files from the Samsung 960 PRO 2TB to WD Black SN850 1TB but no crash?
    Do the event errors appear on bios 0811 with bios all default settings except disabled PCI Express Native Power Management?
    For WHEA 17 , please enter Advanced Mode > Platform Misc Configuration > PCI Express Native Power Management > Disabled
    Thank you.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Hi Wrathier,
    I'm afraid I need some information for reproduce the issues.
    Did you get event 157 when running the specific apps in background?
    Did you get event 51 or whea 17 while copy around 5GB of files from the Samsung 960 PRO 2TB to WD Black SN850 1TB but no crash?
    Do the event errors appear on bios 0811 with bios all default settings except disabled PCI Express Native Power Management?
    For WHEA 17 , please enter Advanced Mode > Platform Misc Configuration > PCI Express Native Power Management > Disabled
    Thank you.
    Well honestly, this is so weird - Perhaps the motherboard have fried both my NVMe drives... then I will get rather upset.

I returned one of my motherboards today and I will test a Gigabyte Z690 AORUS PRO instead.

I like the look of the ASUS a lot more, but now I just need a working PC.

To give you a little more information: I have not overclocked, not even used XMP and it hasn't made a damn difference. I have tested both drives 1 at a time with each own Windows - I made an image with Macrium Reflect to make it a bit easier to swap drives all the time - and I can't get this PC stable with NVMe drives.

It seems again - like on last motherbaord - to be stable using a 60GB SSD for Windows and a 500GB mech drive for torrents etc.

I will game test a bit tonight and see if that is possible, but the mechanical drive can hardly run GOD OF WAR without lag, but as long as the machine doesn't crash I don't care. - Played 4 hours straight no crashes or anything. As the last board it works fine with SATA drives.

Let me know a bit more specifik what you want me to test.
    Last edited by Wrathier; 01-18-2022 at 09:14 PM.

Moderator Array

Hi dageek,
    I'm afraid our tech team have tested the motherboard and components at hand with your bios profile, but the NVMe SSD didn't disappear in bios or windows.
    Do you have other information or scenario about the issue?
    How about the third identical NVMe SSD? Do you have the same issue with it?
    Thank you.

Moderator Array

Hi Wrathier,
    I'm not sure if you backup and restore data with Macrium Reflect for the image.
    Have you completely formatted the Samsung 960 PRO 2TB or WD Black SN850 1TB and reinstalled windows without any data to see if the errors still appear?
    Thank you.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Hi Wrathier,
    I'm not sure if you backup and restore data with Macrium Reflect for the image.
    Have you completely formatted the Samsung 960 PRO 2TB or WD Black SN850 1TB and reinstalled windows without any data to see if the errors still appear?
    Thank you.
    I got this idea that it is a software error somehow. This time the drives didn't started acting up until I was about a few hundred GB of game installations trough XBOX Game pass etc installations. At first when I just installed Windows I could move data between the drives. Like on the first motherboard it worked for a few days.

However, I have no idea what software it could be and software installations should not screw the whole PC up. It might also be hardware I hoped you had a solution for Derek as that would have worked for me.

In regards to all the posts Medwynd made, did you ever sort his issues? They are sort of the same I'm having as well. Or did you not manage to reproduce errors with his configuration either?

What I normally install:

The drivers for the board of course.
    All game launchers - Epic, Steam, Origin, Uplay, Blizzard and XBOX Game Pass
    ASUS Aura crate
    ASUS AI Suite 3
    Corsair iCue
    Core Temp
    Rainmeter
    EVGA Precision X1
    Sonic Suite
    Cyperlink Power DVD
    Newest Windows
    Newest Nvidia driver
    Games like Forza Horizon 5, COD Vanguard, GOW

I haven't gotten further than that at any giving time on the NVMe drives before the PC started acted up.

It won't come in this week I think there isn't time so next week when I get the Gigabyte AUROS PRO I will also report back of course if that starts to act up, because then the conclusion must be though that just doesn't make sense as I removed the Samsung 960 PRO 2TB from my 3 year old X299 build where it has been my main drive since the release of X299 and never had the slightest issue with the drive and I was very careful when I removed it and inserted it into this new board that it must be a hardware error on BOTH NVMe drives. So of course I will let you guys know if that was the case.
    Last edited by Wrathier; 01-19-2022 at 02:01 PM.

Moderator Array

Hi Wrathier,
    Do event 157, event 51 and whea 17 appear when installing games through XBOX Game pass?
    Or after installed games, you get event 157, event 51 and whea 17 when while copy around 5GB of files from the Samsung 960 PRO 2TB to WD Black SN850 1TB?
    Although you have disabled PCI Express Native Power Management in bios, but you still get whea 17?
    Please also share me the serial number of the new ROG STRIX Z690-F GAMING WIFI motherboard via PM.
    Thank you.

Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast