Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    Moderator Array

Hi all,
    For WHEA 17 error, our tech team have reported it and co-work with Intel.
    If there is any news, I'll keep updated.
    Thank you.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by STARRAIN@ROG View Post
    Hi all,
    For WHEA 17 error, our tech team have reported it and co-work with Intel.
    If there is any news, I'll keep updated.
    Thank you.
    Hi ROG,

I contacted ASUS Support today as my main drive - I have removed the slave Samsung 960 PRO as that was a nogo to get to work correctly with any BIOS settings - so I only use 1 drive. My WD Black SN850 1TB. Now the drive has started disappearing sometimes even in BIOS. I moved the drive to another port than the top one, but are still encountering the same issues....

I was finally able to install Windows 11 again by poor luck and a lot of restarts. I had to set all ports I could to PCIE Gen 3 speeds before the motherboard semi-stable finds my drive and boots up.

Are there by any change an experimental BIOS in the oven I can try out or do you think that my board are broken? The thing is it doesn't "feel" broken. When it works it works awesome, but the hard drives disappearing and reappearing are sort of a bummer... To be honest I spend many many many hours now testing just about anything you can imagine to sort this issues, but it seems to fall back to a BIOS issue. Something are not "talking correctly to each other" in the PCI Subsystem.

I'm a tech adviser/employee for a company supporting other companies hardware and I work with computers in all sorts and shapes daily. I have never ever encountered these issues before.

Thank you for your help.

Moderator Array

Hi Wrathier,
    Have you tried other SSD but it also disappear sometimes?
    Thank you.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Hi Wrathier,
    Thank you.
    Hi ROG

I have 2 different NVME drives and it happens to both...

Today I have installed Windows on an old "normal" SSD drive connected directly to SATA port and that doesn't seem to disappear. It seems like it's only my NVMe drives.

Thank you.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Hi Wrathier,
    Thank you.
    Hi again.

I have now been using my system with a standard SSD disc all day.

I can see my NVMe drives in Windows and assign them a drive letter. However, when I try to format them I get an Event ID 11, Disk: The driver detected a controller error on \Device\RaidPort2.

At the same time I get a lot of EVENT ID 51: An error detected on device \Device\Harddisk2\DR2 during paging operation. - I get that for both my NVMe drives so I'm confident they are not broken unfortunately

Any thoughts?

For now I have my 60GB SSD and an old 500GB mechanical drive and the NVMe drives connected, but can only use the 2 attached to SATA.

I really don't want to have to return this motherboard. Honestly, it's a lot of work to disassemble the computer, wait for new board, reassemble etc. Are there ANY change this is just BIOS or are the board broken?

I have also tried with all existing BIOS's even the oldest. No difference in functionality.

Thank you.
    Last edited by Wrathier; 12-22-2021 at 07:16 PM.

Moderator Array

Hi Wrathier,
    Do you mean the NVME SSD didn't disappear in bios or in windows but you cannot format it in windows?
    Have you tried 2 different NVME SSD, but you have the above issue on both NVME SSD? only SATA drives are working fine?
    Did it also occur on bios 0811 with bios all default settings?
    Thank you.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Hi Wrathier,
    Do you mean the NVME SSD didn't disappear in bios or in windows but you cannot format it in windows?
    Have you tried 2 different NVME SSD, but you have the above issue on both NVME SSD? only SATA drives are working fine?
    Did it also occur on bios 0811 with bios all default settings?
    Thank you.
    Hi,

So the drive was disappeared as boot drive. - the NVME drives. - The boot drive and the slave drive. I could however to begin with after installing on the SATA SSD see them in Windows, but couldn't complete a format of them. A few hours later they were not showing up in Windows either anymore.

Then all of the sudden the PC got again restarts etc, but without any BSOD or anything in event viewer besides what you already know.

I have now REMOVED both NVME drives from the PC and it's rock stable. No issues, no restarts nothing strange.

As soon as I insert a NVME M.2 again, everything f.... up. The computer crashes etc etc.

I have no clue what exactly is going on. I also tested all BIOS's one more time, just to make sure that I have done everything I could before removing the drives again. - On default settings. The 1st BIOS the Version 0223 didn't even work with XMP 1 or II. But I tested it anyway, perhaps my drive(s) would have worked.

It seems like something might be broken? - Something in the PCI subsystem? I don't know honestly.

I will for now until you/we find a fix run with a normal SSD and an old mechanical 500GB drives so I at least can play Vanguard etc here in the holidays.

Waiting eagerly for your response.
    Last edited by Wrathier; 12-23-2021 at 08:43 PM.

ROG Member Array

After a week and a half of no issues my second NVME drive disappeared again when attempting to start a game. Windows blue screened and dumped. Rebooting 3 or 4 times seemed to make the drive appear again in windows.

There doesnt appear to be any data loss and it isnt a bad drive. Setting the pci power management in the BIOS didnt seem to have an effect as I had to still reboot 2 times after changing that setting.

The boot NVME drive and my sata SSD seem to be stable and fine throughout this process.
    Last edited by Medwynd; 12-23-2021 at 05:24 PM.

Moderator Array

Hi all,
    For WHEA 17 error, please enter Advanced Mod > Platform Misc Configuration > PCI Express Native Power Management > Disabled and then check the errors and NVME SSD again.
    Thank you.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Hi all,
    For WHEA 17 error, please enter Advanced Mod > Platform Misc Configuration > PCI Express Native Power Management > Disabled and then check the errors and NVME SSD again.
    Thank you.
    Every time I disable that, save & exit, and then go back into the BIOS to check, it's enabled again. Changing that setting doesn't seem to "stick". At least on my Z690 Hero, BIOS 0811.

Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast