cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to reset the bios for G74sx

omega939
Level 9
How to reset bios of Asus g74sx

I manage to unlock some hidden bios features several months ago with this beast laptop and no problem with the default settings. Today I was going to reformat my ssd and went to the bios settings to change the "boot options" from hard drive to cd drive.. But before going to the boot options, I enabled a feature in the advance settings of the bios (lazy me I didnt recall what was it) and saved the settings. Save and reboot.....Now the screen is blank but the power button and two led lights on the upper left just blinks (continous blink for several seconds).. I know I should pop-out the cmos batteries for the settings to go on default butis there another way to reset the bios without disecting the laptop and re-seat the cmos battery?
6 REPLIES 6

BrodyBoy
Level 10
Can you access the BIOS anymore? Can you boot from a CD?

You have no idea what "advanced feature" you enabled? To answer your question, there isn't another way to reset the BIOS. What you really need to do is access the BIOS and reset it to the default settings. Especially now that it is in a tenuous state, please do not make any haphazard moves or repair attempts....you are at risk of completely bricking the BIOS (which requires sending the laptop to Asus for service).

which requires sending the laptop to Asus for service
Thanks Broad... Thats what I have in mind going to asus center. I will just let the asus tech guys revert back the default settings of the bios... But first must back up my files then tomorrow will go there

omega939 wrote:
Thanks Broad... Thats what I have in mind going to asus center. I will just let the asus tech guys revert back the default settings of the bios... But first must back up my files then tomorrow will go there

So you're within driving distance of a service center? Lucky you! ....that's certainly the easiest and safest way to resolve this. Best of luck tomorrow. 🙂

omega939
Level 9
Asus Center in my place is within 10km range. I hope they can do something fast without any hassles when i go there tomorrow

Boosted_R
Level 8
Modded BIOS is an automatic warranty void, so I would be careful telling them its modded
GL702VSK / GTX 1070 / M.2 960 EVO

HTPC MINI-ITX / FRACTAL CORE 500 / GIGABYTE GA-AB350N / GTX 1050 Ti Windforce OC 4G / RYZEN 5 1600 3.9GHz / M.2 960 EVO / G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 3200MHz
OLD
ASUS G74SX-XC1 / INTEL 7260 AC / Samsung 850 PRO / TUNIQ TX-4 / BIOS 203 / 335.23

Boosted_R wrote:
Modded BIOS is an automatic warranty void, so I would be careful telling them its modded

Oh, great point! I completely forgot about that part of the story......