cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crosshair VIII Hero Code 00 - Accelerating in Frequency and happening while running

soccermadman
Level 7
Hi all -

I've been having issues (more and more frequently) where I get Code 00 during use on my computer and it hangs to the point of needing a hard power off from the PSU, power and reset buttons don't work.

I am currently run the 3903 beta BIOS but was running the 3801BIOS until about 4 days ago. This happened on both but happened yesterday twice in an hour.

Some research online suggests that it's most likely one of the 3 following things:

Bad BIOS Flash (I can reflash, but have upgrade from 3801 to 3903 recently, doubt this is it)
Bad CPU (AMD was already consulted and denied my warranty request because I used liquid metal thermal compound that messed up the AMD logo and serial on the chip) - TO BE CLEAR - the LM is contained exactly where it goes and I have worked with it multiple times before. I have requested to speak with someone in the US support team about this as I feel the person I am dealing with is being unreasonable.
Bad Motherboard

Anyone have any thoughts? I'm also one of the people with a 5950x that cannot boot under any circumstances at 1900 FCLK. I can boot 1933 and 1966 but just WHEA city. 1900 will not boot ever. Some people on Overclock.net have speculated this could be CPU or MB issue since day one.
3 REPLIES 3

Silent_Scone
Super Moderator
Hello,

1. Not all CPU can achieve 1900FCLK. These things become harder to achieve with 4 modules, single or dual rank. The fact 1933 and 1966 can POST and 1900 can't, but not stable could be a number of things attributed to signal margins/auto rules for some CPU and/or CPU limitation

2. Does the issue occur when the system as at Optimised Defaults (i.e no overclock of any kind, inc XMP).

Thanks.
13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090

RedSector73
Level 12
What are using for the heatsink, if you over tighten this down, code 00 may be a side effect. Try backing off the screws 1/4 turn and see if this helps.
1900 FLCK may need to look at manual control of SOC voltage and the voltage will depend on the RAM your using.
If you want more specific information try listing your computer system.

I'm using a Corsair XG9 waterblock, I tried loosening it slightly to see what happens.