cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Rog Strix G15 Low Performance

tristamix
Level 7
Hello, around 6 months ago I bought Asus Rog Strix G15 laptop but since then I have had performance issues. I bought external monitor to by pass optimus but even that didn't help to improve performance. Most of the games I have low fps.
I tried unnistalling driver by using DDU, my laptop is in turbo mode all the time but still I got 130-180 fps in Valorant, 50-60 fps in Cyberpunk, 40-55 fps settings all low in Battlefield 2042 and my Time Spy benchmark score is also low. I suppose to at least get 1110 score but my score is 9406. I don't really know what to do because I paid quite good amount of money and get literally no performance.
My specs:
Ryzen 5800hx
16Gb dual channel RAM
RTX 3070 graphic card.
5 REPLIES 5

CrazyKetchup
Level 8
Time Spy - 11562 but I have 3080 version.

CrazyKetchup wrote:
Time Spy - 11562 but I have 3080 version.

Do you use an external monitor?

tristamix wrote:
Do you use an external monitor?

Yes, but when I look at the test it doesn't make much difference - maybe 100 points ?

Triton_se
Level 8
The CPU benefits you get with external monitor is if you at the same time disble internal monitor. I am not sure if HDMI is as good as Display Port for this, I'm using USB C DP 1.4 cable to DP on my external 1440p. The down side with external monitor is GPU is always active ofcourse, 15W minimum. And the 1440p monitor alone draws over 50W 😄

braescuteo
Level 7
try uninstalling armoury crate and try again

I have G533QM and only without armory crate all games are working ok.. and I tried turbo mode and everything else