cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Some build advice

alyraver
Level 10
Hi all, first of great site, and hello 🙂 I'm a new member and will be starting my first ever build in about 2/3 months time. (yer you guys prob get this alot, so apologies in advance)

Just after a but of advice really, my budget is goin to be approx £2000 (not sure what that is in $ but prob $2400maybe?)

anyway after some research i was thinking along these lines:

Case - Cooler Master HAF932
MOBO - Asus Rampage IV
CPU - 17 3960x or i73930k
Cooler - Corsair H100
Memory - COrsair DDR3 Vengence LP Blue 16gb(4x4) 1600mhz
Graphics Card - undecided - GTX680 maybe dunno
Power - Cooler master 1000W
HDD1 - 120GB OCZ Agility Sata III
HDD2 - 2TB Seagate HDD
Optical Drive - Samsung DVD RW 22x
Monitor - 24" Asus Designo probably

What do you guys think? I personally will prob opt for the 3930k to save money. I have not overclocked before but will want to in future. Any comments or tips and advice is appreciated

Many thanks 🙂
800D/Asus Rampage IV Extreme Black Edition/i73930K @ 5.2/ Kingston Hyper X Beast 32GB 2400/ STRIX 1080TI OC, EK Nickel Plexi CPU block, No Rad + No Fans :D, Alphacool D5 Pump.. HC 500A chiller @ 4C - Max load temp @ 5.2 = 55c. Lowest Core Idle Temp = 3c
8 REPLIES 8

respawn2k
Level 7
Hi there,
Quite the same build as i've order ...
Except for SSD 😉

I think 3930k is really good and no need to go to better cpu because it's really expensive for nothing more ...

😛

good case I have the coolermaster 922 & 932 advanced. i all so have the azza fushion 4000.

respawn2k wrote:
Hi there,
Quite the same build as i've order ...
Except for SSD 😉

I think 3930k is really good and no need to go to better cpu because it's really expensive for nothing more ...

😛

Yer thats what i was thinking. The 3960x is like 320 bones more, i figured save £320 and overlock the 3930k 🙂
800D/Asus Rampage IV Extreme Black Edition/i73930K @ 5.2/ Kingston Hyper X Beast 32GB 2400/ STRIX 1080TI OC, EK Nickel Plexi CPU block, No Rad + No Fans :D, Alphacool D5 Pump.. HC 500A chiller @ 4C - Max load temp @ 5.2 = 55c. Lowest Core Idle Temp = 3c

X-ROG
Level 15
>Go for K!
>Don't go for the TN Designo - look at the PA monitors, or we've got many new eIPS coming out this year. It's well worth getting IPS over our old TN!
>HAF 932 is a solid case, although their Storm Tactics is more modern and slightly better looking.
>Blue memory on a red board?? @_@
>I'd Google for user experiences on H100s an LGA2011. I've read mixed feelings - some say great, others disappointed. Tbh I'm not sure what to recommend for LGA2011 though.
>1kw PSU is overkill unless you're going SLI later. 650-750W will be plenty. I highly recommend Seasonic X series (cost a lot but so so worth it) or Corsair AX.

MarshallR@ASUS wrote:
>Go for K!
>Don't go for the TN Designo - look at the PA monitors, or we've got many new eIPS coming out this year. It's well worth getting IPS over our old TN!
>HAF 932 is a solid case, although their Storm Tactics is more modern and slightly better looking.
>Blue memory on a red board?? @_@
>I'd Google for user experiences on H100s an LGA2011. I've read mixed feelings - some say great, others disappointed. Tbh I'm not sure what to recommend for LGA2011 though.
>1kw PSU is overkill unless you're going SLI later. 650-750W will be plenty. I highly recommend Seasonic X series (cost a lot but so so worth it) or Corsair AX.

thanks for the advice 🙂 yer i've heard about some issues with the H100 and the backplate not securing properly. I'm hoping that Corsair would've addressed the problem, if there is any, by the time i start the build (about 3 months time). Yer Blue RAM on red board hahah, didnt even think of that. Thats easy to chage tho.
I chose 1kw psu incase of SLI and maybe slightly bigger cooling system in future, basically just in case i wanna do any mods/additions in time

anyways thanks again 🙂

HiVizMan
Level 40
I suggest you use the Intel water cooler that they designed for the CPU works surprisingly well.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

HiVizMan wrote:
I suggest you use the Intel water cooler that they designed for the CPU works surprisingly well.

point noted 🙂 havent seen these yet. maybe might have a look at custom designs... dunno if i'm brave eneough.:)

Retired
Not applicable
My expericses with h 100 and lga 2011 are great.. Using 2 of them.. swap the fans

Be aware that the cpu can use up to 450+w, when OC.

And with some OC on the gpu, i think 1000w is great.. Many buy to weak psu's... I think u have a point there..

The ssd is not funny.....

disk 2> Constellation??

Case> 932 is tacky, compared to the Haf X (coast about the same)..

cheers