Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
Results 31 to 35 of 35
  1. #31
    Administrator Array Silent Scone@ROG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Reputation
    199
    Posts
    2,558

    Quote Originally Posted by Chainbold View Post
    It seems - according to the reading you posted - your peak voltage is almost 1.46 though.
    Hello, see my posts

  2. #32
    New ROGer Array
    Join Date
    Nov 2021
    Reputation
    33
    Posts
    108

    Quote Originally Posted by Silent Scone@ROG View Post
    Hello, see my posts
    well, I was referring to the reading from the screenshot that he had posted (not your screenshot).

    I understand though that with previous BIOS vcore readings were somehow not correct.

    I wonder by the way why Shamino has posted updated BIOS for all Z690 boards - with the exception of the Z690-F. So, I am still running 0803 - which apparently is giving misleading voltage readings.
    Last edited by Chainbold; 12-17-2021 at 06:54 AM.

  3. #33
    Administrator Array Silent Scone@ROG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Reputation
    199
    Posts
    2,558

    Quote Originally Posted by Chainbold View Post
    well, I was referring to the reading from the screenshot that he had posted (not your screenshot).

    I understand though that with previous BIOS vcore readings were somehow not correct.

    Hello, Hopper clearly shows the vcore reading. As I showed in my USB Osc screenshot, the vcore reading from the onboard sensor array is what you should be paying attention to, not the core VID. The vcore readings have always been accurate.

  4. #34
    ROG Guru: Black Belt Array Hopper64 PC Specs
    Hopper64 PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus MZ690E Bios 1403
    Processori9 12900KS
    Memory (part number)GSkill F5-6000U3636E16GX2-TZ5RK
    Graphics Card #1Asus 3090 Strix OC/Optimus Block
    Sound CardCreative SB X4
    MonitorAsus ROG XG349C
    Storage #1Samsung 980 Pro
    CPU CoolerQuantum Kinetic TBE 300 D5 with Quantum VTX 160
    CasePhanteks Enthoo Elite
    Power SupplyCorsair AX1600i
    Keyboard Asus ROG Claymore 2
    Mouse Asus ROG Gladius III
    OS Windows 11 64
    Hopper64's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Reputation
    70
    Posts
    2,401

    Quote Originally Posted by Chainbold View Post
    It seems - according to the reading you posted - your peak voltage is almost 1.46 though.

    I cannot get my system stable at anything above 53-52 - using adaptive.

    But even when running at x53-52 (with an average of x52) I get in Cinebench the same score like you: 28373

    Attachment 91091

    It is not stable though when running P95. I need to revert to x51 to run the blend text for at least 10 minutes without errors
    Yes. Correct, guess I’m still used to Rocket Lake where 1.5 was my peak under adaptive mode. This operates at a lower voltage so I guess I was referring to “about 1.4V”. It really works well. Some have recommended avoiding P95 altogether here. Â*

  5. #35
    New ROGer Array
    Join Date
    Nov 2021
    Reputation
    33
    Posts
    108

    Quote Originally Posted by Silent Scone@ROG View Post
    Hello, Hopper clearly shows the vcore reading. As I showed in my USB Osc screenshot, the vcore reading from the onboard sensor array is what you should be paying attention to, not the core VID. The vcore readings have always been accurate.
    Ok , finally I get it. I can see the difference in my HWInfo readout. But, what exactly is the difference between "core VID" and "vcore"?

    Meanwhile I got BIOS 0811. Works well.
    Last edited by Chainbold; 12-17-2021 at 02:25 PM.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •