cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Z690 Asus Strix Wifi-F - Issue with 4x16GB of RAM and XMP

UtilisateurFran
Level 7
Hello,

I've recently purchased a 12900K with a Z690 Asus Strix Wifi-F motherboard. I'm using 64GB of RAM (4x16) of Corsair Dominator RGB 5200Mhz Cas 38.

The system boots fine without XMP, but the only way I can use XMP is to use a frequency of 4600 Mhz with the profile enabled, mem test can run for 6h without any errors, 4800 Mhz gives 30 errors but doesn't crash. XMP 1 won't work by the way, only XMP 2. AI Asus is disabled.

Bios is last version and up to date.

What should I do ? Is there a problem with 4 sticks ? Do I need to manually overclock my rams ?

I'm totally lost.

Thank you
2 REPLIES 2

techanalyst
Level 7
Test 2 sticks, I have four sticks of DDR5 6400, boots and runs perfect at 6400 with two sticks, with four sticks I need to run at 5800 for things to work, otherwise, they simply don't work

Silent_Scone
Super Moderator
Hello,

If wanting to run the memory kit at advertised speeds, do not combine memory kits. Memory is binned in the density it is sold in, and given the shortage of memory IC at this time it cannot be expected for memory vendors to ensure there is enough guardband in place for combining these kits to work. In fact, memory vendors nor board vendors never guarantee this.

Remove two modules and test XMP as suggested above.
13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090