cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virtual Camera. What is it? What does it do? How do you use it?

mx5boi
Level 7
I have scoured the Internet and every ASUS site on every continent and... nothing.

All I have found is a very vague (too vague to be of any use) description.... and a screen grab (both of which pose more questions than they answer).

This utility must 'do' something, I just have no idea what.

Here is all I know... Any takers?

Multi-Window Video Conferencing
Live video conference with up to 4 contacts worldwide simultaneously! The ASUS virtual camera feature allows multi-window net meeting with customization of resolution, filter & frames according to personal preference!
ASUS G74SX
17.3" 1920X1080 Full HD LED Backlight, glossy
2nd Gen Intel® Core™ i7-2630QM Processor 2.2-3.1GHz,32nm (6M Cache, up to 2.90 GHz) 45W
16GB DDR3 1333 Dual-Channel (4G X 4)
nVidia GeForce GTX 560M 3GB GDDR5, DX11
2 x 500 GB Seagate Momentus® XT Solid State Hybrid Drives
Mat****a BD MLT UJ240AFW
5 REPLIES 5

Speeddymon
Level 7
Judging by the pictures, and description, it sounds like it allows you to apply custom effects in the video conference window. Sort of like CyberLink YouCam. It adds an overlay on top of the video feed that makes the video feed like a whiteboard. In the picture you posted, you notice how the bottom left video shows a halloween theme around the girl's face? That's not something you can do without a tool like this or YouCam.

Overall, its not necessary for the use of your laptop, but if you use skype a lot with, say a long distance girlfriend, then it can be fun to maybe draw a mustache on her face, or give her black hair instead of blonde, etc. Could also draw a big heart on the screen for her, if you're the romantic type.

dxVxb
Level 7
or i can draw a gf on the screen...

ruphert
Level 7
I think it can only work if your contact have asus computer like you.

it make possible to use the webcam for multiple program at the same time

source
http://forum.notebookreview.com/asus/423491-asus-virtual-camera-i-know-what-does.html

mx5boi wrote:

Multi-Window Video Conferencing
Live video conference with up to 4 contacts worldwide simultaneously! The ASUS virtual camera feature allows multi-window net meeting with customization of resolution, filter & frames according to personal preference!

alphadelta220 wrote:
it make possible to use the webcam for multiple program at the same time

Original product info using an easier explanation