cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cable Asus Rog Thor 1200w

jacopo9222
Level 7
A question,
Is there a difference in the power cables of 2 power supplies of the same brand but with different powers?
Let's talk about Asus Rog Thor 850W and 1200W
Thank you
5 REPLIES 5

Nactishe
Level 7
ever get an answer?

CableMod have all of the ROG Strix and Thor PSUs using the same series of cables on their compatibility page, which says to me that they are all the same (and also the same as Seasonic). Use your own judgement and don't risk a random cable that you are not certain about, but I'd personally trust the info on the CableMod site. I'm not certain, but I think the ROG PSUs are Seasonic underneath the ROG branding and features (not necessarily exactly the same guts as Seasonic branded units, but made by them and similar).

ahfoo
Level 13
Sorry, I would beg the differ. Never mix the cable from different power distribution cable. I am not a user of Asus Thor. But from what I learnt from X brand power supply and was specifically mention never mixed it.

ahfoo wrote:
Sorry, I would beg the differ. Never mix the cable from different power distribution cable. I am not a user of Asus Thor. But from what I learnt from X brand power supply and was specifically mention never mixed it.

Different vendors use different pinouts on the PSU end of the cables for modular PSUs, that's why people say not to use the wrong cable. CableMod are experts on that, recommended by ASUS with vouchers and some free CableMod cable combs included with every ROG PSU. I trust their compatibility information; people successfully use their cables to replace original vendor cables all the time.

Silent_Scone
Super Moderator
As above,

The Cablemod compatibility page is a trusted source and authorized vendor. Contact Cablemod if you have any uncertainty regarding a certain productline.
13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090