cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus ROG Zephyrus M16 Shutdown Issue

TheRealZain
Level 7
Hello, I have an Asus ROG Zephyrus M16 (GU603HM) and whenever it is charging and I attempt to shut down, it will turn off for a moment, and then immediately turn back on. This only happens when it is plugged in. When it's not plugged in, there's no issue, and if I start charging it after it has already shutdown, then it's fine as well. I have Windows 11 by the way. Any help is appreciated
29 REPLIES 29

Blake1
Level 10
Hello Zain,
May I know if the issue happen in Win11 only or also in Win10?
And I would like to know your BIOS version and OS build version.
Thank you.

Blake@ROG wrote:
Hello Zain,
May I know if the issue happen in Win11 only or also in Win10?
And I would like to know your BIOS version and OS build version.
Thank you.

So when I bought the laptop (this Thanksgiving), I immediately downloaded Win11, and this wasn't an issue until like 2 days ago.
Bios: GU603HM.314
Version: 21H2
OS Build: 22000.376

Blake1
Level 10
Hello Zain,
Can you help to update the driver from below link?
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1KfVa1tcyKKqroK8LS8mFt6jzHoxQY3xM/view?usp=sharing
Please run the "install.bat" as administrator.
Thank you.

Blake@ROG wrote:
Hello Zain,
Can you help to update the driver from below link?
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1KfVa1tcyKKqroK8LS8mFt6jzHoxQY3xM/view?usp=sharing
Please run the "install.bat" as administrator.
Thank you.

I ran install.bat as administrator, and then Windows Terminal popped up for a brief moment and disappeared. After that, I restarted and then shut down and the issue is still there.

TheRealZain wrote:
I ran install.bat as administrator, and then Windows Terminal popped up for a brief moment and disappeared. After that, I restarted and then shut down and the issue is still there.

Hi Zain,
Can you double check in device manager that the ISST driver has been updated to V10.29.00.6367 ?
Not sure if it is updated successfully based on your describe.
Thank you.

Blake@ROG wrote:
Hi Zain,
Can you double check in device manager that the ISST driver has been updated to V10.29.00.6367 ?
Not sure if it is updated successfully based on your describe.
Thank you.

My mistake, it didn't actually download. I successfully downloaded it this time and I am still running into the same issue. I think at this point I will just exchange it for another M16 as I am still within the return period. Thanks anyways for your help.

Feruman
Level 8
Hello, guys!

I just bought Asus Zephyrus M16 GU603HE and have similar problem with SleepingMode at Win11...

A) If the power adapter is UNplugged, after I choose the SleepingMode at Win11:
A1) Screen and fans is off immediately, but PowerLED start to blinking only after ~40sec! All other seems to works properly.
A2) If at previous state plugin the power adapter - keyboard backlit flashes 2-times fast and laptop will weak-up from sleeping mode by itself!

B) If the power adapter is PluggedIN and BatteryLED is shine, after I choose the SleepingMode at Win11:
B1) Screen and fans is off immediately, but power LED start to blinking only after ~30sec and KEYBOARD BACKLIT IS BLINKING ALSO AS PowerLED!!!
B2) If at previous state UNplug the power adapter - keyboard will STOP to blink and laptop will NOT weak-up from sleeping mode by itself. So it will be similar to state (A1).

Second problem that Asus Armoury Aura Crate don't want to manage RGB Keyboard of Zephyrus M16 - thus I have only options to control backlit from keyboard with few modes: white, white rise-fall, white blinking, rgb aura auto changing. How I can set for this laptop keyboard backlit just 1 stable color (for example blue)???

OS - last with full updates (21H2, 22000.376). BIOS - 313.

Feruman wrote:
Hello, guys!

I just bought Asus Zephyrus M16 GU603HE and have similar problem with SleepingMode at Win11...

A) If the power adapter is UNplugged, after I choose the SleepingMode at Win11:
A1) Screen and fans is off immediately, but PowerLED start to blinking only after ~40sec! All other seems to works properly.
A2) If at previous state plugin the power adapter - keyboard backlit flashes 2-times fast and laptop will weak-up from sleeping mode by itself!

B) If the power adapter is PluggedIN and BatteryLED is shine, after I choose the SleepingMode at Win11:
B1) Screen and fans is off immediately, but power LED start to blinking only after ~30sec and KEYBOARD BACKLIT IS BLINKING ALSO AS PowerLED!!!
B2) If at previous state UNplug the power adapter - keyboard will STOP to blink and laptop will NOT weak-up from sleeping mode by itself. So it will be similar to state (A1).

Second problem that Asus Armoury Aura Crate don't want to manage RGB Keyboard of Zephyrus M16 - thus I have only options to control backlit from keyboard with few modes: white, white rise-fall, white blinking, rgb aura auto changing. How I can set for this laptop keyboard backlit just 1 stable color (for example blue)???

OS - last with full updates (21H2, 22000.376). BIOS - 313.

Hello Feruman,
Can you help to install the ISST driver I provided in the above post?
And can I have a screenshot of your power setting?

For the second question, does it happen after the Armoury Crate 5.0 update?
If so, there will be a new version soon. Let's wait for a while.

Thank you very much.

Blake@ROG wrote:
And can I have a screenshot of your power setting?

I use default settings. Which exactly settings screenshots do you want??

BTW Maybe before install the new ISST drivers which you give - will be useful to test this problem with Win11 default drivers for this device? Tell me, please, which drivers/devices at Win11 I must rollback to Win default for such test?

PS Seems it's a mass issue, so I recommend to rename topic to "Asus Zephyrus M16 with Win11 power issues".