cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Claymore 2 RGB profile per game

marksmith85
Level 9
Hi All

I am thinking of getting a claymore 2 but wanted to know can to set the rgp layout per game?

I like to set static colours for the control layout in each game which I can currently do with my logitech ghub no issue.

Also if a game as a built in profile can the claymore 2 use them. So Mass Effect: Andromeda will automatically display the keys that are used in the game if on keyboard/mouse.

Thanks.
10 REPLIES 10

Nate152
Hi marksmith85,

In Armoury Crate, you can create scenario profiles to have a different static color for different games, you can use effects too.

I'm not sure about in game profiles, you may have to close Armoury Crate for those.

marksmith85
Level 9
Thanks for reply, do you know if you can same more than 5 on board profiles. I am looking to make profiles for a few games so would easily exceed 5.

Nate152
Yes, I was able to create 25 scenario profiles and probably could have created more.

Here is a screenshot of the scenario profile page, click the pic to make it bigger.

marksmith85
Level 9
Hi I took the plunge and bought the keyboard loving it so far however software wise have noticed some limitations.

When setting a scenario profiles it does say keyboard profiles saved in local storage cannot use scenario profiles to auto switch.

To me this is a problem as again you can only have 5 on board keyboard profiles so want to store some in local storage and apply those to games.

How do you apply a local storage keyboard profile to a game?

Nate152
You sir are correct, my apologies.

While you can create a bunch of scenario profiles, it seems you can only store 5. But, if you use the same color for a couple different games, you can link those games to one profile.

Here is a video, I only have one game installed. As an example, I'll add three apps which could be any three games.

marksmith85
Level 9
Thanks for the vid I guess the idea is you can create local profiles and assign them to on board device storage as and when you need them.

I have found a way around it though, connect them all to aura sync then setup a custom rgb profile with aura creator which you can save as many as I want.

Do have another question with aura creator it only shows the main tel not the connected number pad is that normal?

Nate152
I haven't played much with Aura Creator but as you say, you can save profiles there too. You're catching on quick.

I can't say for sure about the numpad but I would think it should, click "Available devices" at the top left, it'll show in there.

Playing around with Aura Creator some more, I'm able to set individual keys or a group of keys to their own color and effect by adding layers.

marksmith85
Level 9
Hi Nate, been playing around with the software a lot more since.

I think mainly have to remember its a different way of working compare to logitech g-hub but I do think asus would be good to take some ideas from there and implement then on Armory Crate.

Once thing I am struggling with is aura sync. It appears you can not create a custom aura creator effect without aura sync being turned on. This then stops you from editing individual profiles (this being local or stored on the physical device).

Not sure if way to recomend things to asus but I think implementing the below for peripherals would make the software easier to use:

-Allow you to edit local or onboard profiles with aura sync enabled
-Seperate out Aura Creator profiles from having to sync with all devices/system components (currently demands the motherboard is always sync as default device).
-Allow Local profiles to be automatically switched to in games profiles not just onboard devices profiles

I think just those 3 options would allows a greater range of customization.

Also think they need to do some full tutorials for the devices with armoury create on youtube.

Nate152