cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System Panel Header Conversion Cable.

VelocityRC
Level 7
If this has been answered please post link. I don't use this forum much so thanks in advance. I have a 11 year old ASUS P7P55D-E LX board I am replacing for a Prime H570 Plus and the system panel header has a different pin arrangement. Is there an adapter cable / plug that can be used to keep my old case? I really want to keep the same case for multiple reasons.

Thanks,

Bill S.
3 REPLIES 3

Nate152
Hi velocityRC,

In your picture the speaker connector is a 4-pin connector with two wires, one at each end of the connector (Red and Black).

It connects to the +5v and speaker pins I marked in red. Connect the other marked front panel connectors to the corresponding front panel headers. Take note of where they are connected now for reference to the new motherboard if you're unsure.

VelocityRC
Level 7
VelocityRC wrote:
If this has been answered please post link. I don't use this forum much so thanks in advance. I have a 11 year old ASUS P7P55D-E LX board I am replacing for a Prime H570 Plus and the system panel header has a different pin arrangement. Is there an adapter cable / plug that can be used to keep my old case? I really want to keep the same case for multiple reasons.

Thanks,

Bill S.

Thanks for the conformation, I thought I would move the black pin / wire over one slot in the plug. Do I need that speaker or does the Prime H570 Plus have a system warning speaker on the board negating the need for that plug in one ?

Bill S.

Nate152
The speaker is optional and is not needed, but it can help diagnose problems at start up with certain beep codes.

You'll want to leave the speaker connector as is and connect it as shown above for proper functionality.